Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-24-2013, 02:24 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
This thread seems to be a magnet for trivial comments about assorted topics like the nature of redeem codes, free app services, Star Command, or whatever else. Here's a pixel open world RPG from a promising developer, has no one noticed that?!? I paid for the game and will post impressions once I get some more play time in but so far so good.
Hi Undeadcow
True, I was a little off topic there. very interesting game which is why I am watching this thread. I, however, have not yet been able to actually play said game so therefor cannot comment on its game play in any relevant manner. Although it does look quite awesome from the screenshots. I am looking forward to checking it out.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:31 PM

Would love to see iPhone 5 resolution support.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:41 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Going to go out on a limb here and spend a whole 99 cents! So I won't have to bemoan that someone took a code and didn't leave a review, sure hope I can recover financially from this gamble!
Old 01-24-2013, 04:09 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Bought this and so far I love it. Yipe V is one of my all time favorite games and this game has a similar feel to it.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:44 PM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 01-24-2013, 07:13 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Anything about the game would be good...how does combat play out, is it really open world... It looks good, but I am on the fence...
Old 01-24-2013, 07:27 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

say THANKS is FREE & POLITE (if you know the word)... lurkers have no excuses!!! is useless to play the role of the devil's attorney!

btw, i've boguht Pixel Quest RPG, like many and many other games, don't need a code, thanks!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 07:33 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xexist View Post
Y U trollin? I have said in previous posts I do prefer devs to PM out codes rather than post them like this, because I think its rude to take one without thanking which 8 or 9 times out of 10 codes given, is exactly what happened.
Gabrien happens to be right in this case, however: the central reason TA members tell developers to give out codes in messages is simply to reduce the competition and increase their own chance of getting one. Having the chance to post reviews or feedback is of secondary concern to getting their hands on "free stuff".

In pretty much any thread where codes have been made available to TA members exclusively, most of these people have not provided any kind of feedback or review - simply saying, "Thanks (for not making me spend my own money, sucker)," isn't valuable to anybody, and isn't actually worth any more to a developer than silence is.

Hell, in this case perhaps a running tally should be kept stickied, recording who has acknowledged taking a public code and has also subsequently provided solid feedback, so that developers can check that list and give out private codes to those people whose track record indicates that they would actually be of some use.

Now, as for the game itself, is there any actual story involved, or is it more a collection of randomly-generated quests and monsters in an open sandbox world?
Old 01-24-2013, 07:49 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

I played for maybe 30 minutes last night so my comment may not be worth much, but so far there's been no story except for one-line quest prompts. But yeah, I too would like to know if it develops into something more.

It's certainly a slow starter--I'm struggling to come to grips with the basics but it's compelling enough that I'm going to persist in playing.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:16 PM

Hey I was just wondering if anyone has gotten to the puzzle with the 4 colored rings and if so, how do you solve it?