Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Site Feedback and News

Old 09-17-2008, 12:05 AM
Administrator
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default On Developers Submitting Games to TouchArcade

Hi All,

The standard procedure for developers to submit their games to TouchArcade is simply emailing tips@toucharcade.com

We probably won't get back to you right away if at all, and I apologize for that. It's just that we're busy and we try to look at all games, but sometimes the queue is put on hold when things are busy (like major other announcements) since we can only review so many apps in a given time.

- Screenshots and videos are always helpful.
- We don't accept gift certificates for the games at this time.
- We don't accept ad-hoc distribution for games that are in the app store, but may for pre-release titles for review purposes.

Thanks,
arn
Old 09-17-2008, 01:32 AM

Hey Arn,

The tips@toucharcade.com address has had issues the two times I've tried to use it. Once several weeks ago, and once last week. Both times I used it, a few hours later, I'd get this sent back:

Warning: could not send message for past 4 hours
Connection refused by blakespot.com

I tried emailing with my business address, and from my personal address, each of which use entirely different mail servers. No idea if you ever got any of the messages. If you'd like the full text of the failure message, let me know. Thanks.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:35 AM
Administrator
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

yeah, the bouncing should be corrected. It was a problem with one of the email addresses that were in he distribution list. I should have gotten them all despite the bounces.

arn
Old 09-17-2008, 02:20 AM

Good to know. Thanks, arn.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:02 AM

arn, I just want to say a big thank you for providing touchArcade.com, reviewing games and generally doing a whole heap to help devs spread the word about their games.

I think we all really appreciate all the hard work you're putting in.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:52 AM

I completely agree - I have watched toucharcade since before the store was here and it has been invaluable and a fantastic example of this type of site, great focus, impartial, good community, we find it very useful and I for one am looking forward to participating more in the future. Can I suggest you make this thread or at least the first post a sticky?
Old 09-18-2008, 09:55 AM

I agree with what they're saying. :P
Old 09-19-2008, 06:12 PM

Do you have any criteria for which apps you feature / review or is it just based on which Apps you guys enjoy playing the most?
Old 09-19-2008, 07:39 PM
Administrator
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjjw View Post
Do you have any criteria for which apps you feature / review or is it just based on which Apps you guys enjoy playing the most?
There's no hard and fast rule.

Here's how it goes.

- Big name apps, like Spore or Star Wars will obviously get reviewed due to the interest surrounding it. These will probably push off other reviews or games.
- We likely consider reviewing the more expensive games, even less well known because good or bad, the review can be helpful due to the cost.
- We tend to also get a lot of the smaller/cheaper unknown games, but unless we actually like them, are unlikely to write up a review for it. It's usually not worth pointing out a cheap/unknown app just to say we didn't like it.
- We also try to mix up genres. A puzzle game is going to be harder to get our attention because of the sheer number of them. Apps that are relatively new or alone in their genres tend to draw attention.
- Apps that have looked interesting in preview and we've covered we'll generally review.
- Developer submissions help narrow down apps a lot, and of course screenshots/videos help catch our eye too.
- Of course, we tend to notice those that participate in the forums.
- I really feel like we're a bit behind, in that it's been a busy week or two, so I'm very behind in the emailed submissions.

And Blake has a retro fetish in case you haven't noticed, so those will get covered.

arn
Old 03-19-2009, 07:15 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Not listed, but I'm assuming standard procedure in that email would be to send the promo code for the game too?