★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Numbrix - Interesting number-puzzler

07-02-2009, 11:13 PM
Numbrix - Interesting number-puzzler

It's not a new title (came out May 14th) but noticed it on AppSniper as it just went on sale. I know this title may only appeal to few on this forum, but I figured I'd create a thread anyways. I invited the developer to the forums, hopefully he/she creates an account.

Numbrix

iTunes
[Full] - $2.99 (on sale from $4.99)
[Lite] - N/A

AppShopper

Quote:
NUMBRIX SALE!

For a limited time, Numbrix is available for 40% off!

-----------------------------------

Thank you players for making Numbrix a hit on the App Store! Numbrix is being featured on the iTunes App Store as a New and Noteworthy app for the week of 6/29-7/6.

If you have questions or suggestions regarding the app, or if you need technical support, please e-mail us at numbrix@threemagination.com

-----------------------------------

Want to exercise your brain power and have fun at the same time? Play Numbrix, PARADE Magazine's hit puzzle by Marilyn vos Savant. Numbrix consists of a 9x9 matrix puzzle board in which several of the squares are filled in with numbers. To solve each puzzle, you must complete the number matrix using logic and memory. Just fill in the puzzle so the numbers follow a horizontal or vertical path from 1 to 81 (no diagonals). Each puzzle has a unique solution, and no math or guesswork is involved!

A timer is provided to let you keep track of how fast you can solve each puzzle. When you correctly complete the puzzle, the puzzle will highlight the squares in the correct order. If you fill in all of the squares but the solution is incorrect, you can keep playing until the puzzle is correctly solved. Upon correctly completing the puzzle, your time will be displayed and you will have the option to enter your name for inclusion on that puzzle's leaderboard. The 10 fastest times for each puzzle will be displayed on the high scores screen.

The game comes with 100 puzzles that you can play immediately, and you will automatically receive new puzzle updates when either your iPhone or iPod Touch is connected to the Internet. There are three levels of difficulty available, providing puzzles for both the Numbrix beginner or expert.

If you enjoy other puzzle games like Sudoku, Trism, Bejeweled, or Kakuro, you will love Numbrix, the game that is being called "The Sudoku Killer" by MobileGameFAQs.com! Download and play Numbrix for the iPhone today for hours of brain-bending fun!

During gameplay, you will be asked to submit your best times and current location to the Numbrix leaderboard, which will keep track of the best times worldwide and in each region of the world. If you do not wish to participate in the regionalized leaderboard, simply answer "No" when asked if the application can use your current location.

Note: An update has been submitted to Apple which corrects an error in Puzzle #3. In the meantime, please enjoy our library of 149 other puzzles (and growing)!

Numbrix for the iPhone was developed by Threemagination, Inc (www.threemagination.com)
What's new

This version fixes a touchpad (keyboard) issue seen by some version 1.0 players.
Screenshots:

GameCenter/OpenFeint/Plus+/Agon/Gameloft Live/Xbox LIVE/PSN ID: VoodooVyper
07-02-2009, 11:39 PM
It seems to be a game like Hidato excepting the fact that diagonals don't count.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
07-31-2009, 01:55 AM
Meh, its kinda boring and too easy. Tried it a while back.

Associate Editor, Slide To Play and Padvance
Follow me on Twitter
Feel free to email me at tim@slidetoplay.com if you want to bring a game or update to our attention.