Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-27-2014, 10:28 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Crazy Driller (by Kuang Zheng)

Old 09-28-2014, 06:36 AM

I haven't played long enough to see the freemium stuff (if it's there), but I've played enough to recommend it.
It's a blast, the most fun I've had with a new game all week.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Kat View Post
I haven't played long enough to see the freemium stuff (if it's there), but I've played enough to recommend it.
It's a blast, the most fun I've had with a new game all week.
It did catch my eye earlier, passed on it because of no GC, I'll give it a go now.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:07 AM

Monetization aspects :

- No Timers
- The Leveling up (which is really desirable and needed to make a great run and make awesome drills) is really slow and tedious without purchasing currency
- full page ads, which aren't that often

Overall this game is just plain fun to play
Old 09-28-2014, 09:21 AM

This looks cool! Something about digging/mining that always reels me in.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:07 PM

Ok. I played a little of this. It's actually pretty cool. It kind of reminds me of Pocket Mine and Dug Doug a little. It's all about how getting as deep as you can. The tutorial was a little short, so it took me a few to get the hang of it. My only complain is that upgrades start at 4000 gold and I'm only averaging 100 gold per run. That could be because I still haven't gotten the hang of it though. I'd definitely say it's worth a try if your into "diggers" like me. It seems pretty cool so far.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:27 AM

Yeah, it's a great game
My main complaint is that you really need the upgrades to average much more than 200 or so gold per run, and as Noen mentioned they start at 4000. That's just for one upgrade, and it's the cheapest one.

So to get any meaningful upgrades you'd probably need around 20K gold. At 1-200/run, that's some serious grinding before the game gets super interesting.

Or...of course..,there's an option to buy gold with green.

12K - $1.99
36K - $4.99

Too bad there isn't a doubler, or the economy isn't a little more giving. this could be a real good game.
I really hope the Dev supports this title, and it evolves into something a little easier for the player first starting out.

EDIT:
NOEN- I'm finally about to purchase my first upgrade. What do you think I should grab? I think upgrading the cooler may give me the most benefit. What do you think?

Last edited by Lazer Kat; 09-29-2014 at 09:57 AM..
Old 09-29-2014, 10:00 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I thought it was a cute and fun game as well.
But..... I got kind of bored. It doesn't matter what I add on to the drill, the flame still comes, around the same amount of time. Then..... Start again.

I'm sorry. Everyone else seems to be enjoying it so much.
It's just that, when I play I keep thinking.... What's next? Anything?......
Old 09-29-2014, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Kat View Post
Yeah, it's a great game
My main complaint is that you really need the upgrades to average much more than 200 or so gold per run, and as Noen mentioned they start at 4000. That's just for one upgrade, and it's the cheapest one.

So to get any meaningful upgrades you'd probably need around 20K gold. At 1-200/run, that's some serious grinding before the game gets super interesting.

Or...of course..,there's an option to buy gold with green.

12K - $1.99
36K - $4.99

Too bad there isn't a doubler, or the economy isn't a little more giving. this could be a real good game.
I really hope the Dev supports this title, and it evolves into something a little easier for the player first starting out.

EDIT:
NOEN- I'm finally about to purchase my first upgrade. What do you think I should grab? I think upgrading the cooler may give me the most benefit. What do you think?
I don't know. I was going to say a new drill. Seeing how that's the main part of the game is drilling. I'm not sure if you will just overheat too quick though. I guess you could always compensate with more coolers. I'm going to buy the drill bit for my first upgrade. I'm almost there. Lol
Old 09-29-2014, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender View Post
I thought it was a cute and fun game as well.
But..... I got kind of bored. It doesn't matter what I add on to the drill, the flame still comes, around the same amount of time. Then..... Start again.

I'm sorry. Everyone else seems to be enjoying it so much.
It's just that, when I play I keep thinking.... What's next? Anything?......
It's more of a high score "how deep can you go" chaser. It's pretty much the same as an endless runner. There's usually something chasing you, you buy upgrades to get farther, but your always going to get caught by whatever is chasing you. It's inevitable. I guess the fun part of these games is seeing "what's next" or trying to top your last high score. For me, I keep getting caught around the same place. Im hoping an upgrade or 2 will help that. It's actually a pretty decent game. I wish that you could mine stuff other than gold though. It would be nice to use all the other stuff I'm drilling through to make/craft different upgrades or something, but as the game is now, it's still fun.