App description: ZenDots is a delightfully playful mashup of old school pinball, and classic brick breakers! Take a few minutes to drop some dots!

Use the flippers to whack the white dot into the color dots. Let the color dots fall off the screen, without losing your white dot. When all the color dots are gone, the level is cleared!
04-15-2015, 10:28 AM
Here's the trailer, so you can see ZenDots in action:

As this is a free game, here is how the monetization works, in case you're wondering:

You get 3 dots (balls) to complete a level. When you run out, you have the option of restarting the level, or acquiring extra dots to finish where you left off. If you watch a short video ad, you get one extra dot, which can be repeated however many times you feel like, given there are enough ads available for you to view. You can also purchase dot packs via IAP, if you find yourself needing a lot of extra dots all the time.

The entire monetization is hidden from the main gameplay. The only way to access it is to tap the "extra dot?" text that appears when you've run out of dots on your level. You will never see an ad, unless you specifically choose to see an ad. Nor will you be badgered to buy anything ever.

Also, if you'd like to change any of the sound options in the game, reset a level, or shoot us an email, all that is available in the game menu, which can be accessed by pressing the game title at the top of the screen.

Lastly, Little White Bear Studios is not a large company. It's just me, and my wife. Thank you in advance for any support you choose to give ZenDots. Your generosity is greatly appreciated. Enjoy!

04-15-2015, 07:36 PM
One of my favorite developers. TanZen stays on all my devices and have played it many times.

Anyway to just purchase the game so i dont have to worry about dots as a consumable?

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer

Last edited by pluto6; 04-15-2015 at 07:41 PM.
04-15-2015, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
One of my favorite studios!

Anyway to just purchase the game so i dont have to worry about dots as a consumable?
Thanks!

Nope, extra dots are the only things to buy in the game. If it were a paid game, the rules would be exactly the same anyway. Three dots (balls) to finish a level, similar to how normal pinball works. The consumable dots only come into play if you want to use more than three dots to finish a level. For me, with moderate pinball skills, I rarely use more than the three dots given.

We're certainly not opposed to paid games. Heck, at least half our catalog is paid games. Unfortunately, we are finding it absolutely impossible to sell them anymore. So that is why ZenDots is free.

One easy way to support the game is to buy a dot pack at the value you feel the game is worth, and then never use them. The game never automatically uses the spare dots. But I fully understand if buying something that never gets used is not something you'd like to do. No worries. Just enjoy the game.
04-15-2015, 11:13 PM
While the game itself is relaxing, the plunky music is anything but. It really doesn't fit with the whole idea of "zen".
04-15-2015, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adsinjapan View Post
While the game itself is relaxing, the plunky music is anything but. It really doesn't fit with the whole idea of "zen".
I'm sorry the music isn't to your liking. We have had a number of people mention they enjoyed the music in the trailer, which is the same as in the game. But if it's not your cup of tea, I understand, and it is possible to turn off the music in the game menu. To access the menu, tap the ZenDots text at the top of the screen. Additionally, you can always play your own music, rather than the game's music, by starting a song(s) on your device before opening the game.
04-16-2015, 12:09 AM
Yes! Downloading now.
04-16-2015, 12:11 PM
Either I really suck or it is impossible to play this without extending your dots. If you buy extra dots, do they get added to your total forever or just one time?
04-16-2015, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorarchitekt View Post
Either I really suck or it is impossible to play this without extending your dots. If you buy extra dots, do they get added to your total forever or just one time?
If you're a pinball rookie, the game does take a bit of practice to be able to finish levels with three dots. I played a lot of pinball growing up, and a fair amount of iOS pinball, so I tend to rarely use the extra dots. When I first started playing it, I definitely needed some, but much less so over time.

Some general ZenDots tips that will help:

1. Don't hit both flippers at the same time. It's usually better to control both sides independently. That's how you can control the white dot.
2. Controlling the white dot is key. Just hitting it randomly could cause a lot of chaos.
3. Practice trapping the white dot on your flipper. If you can stop the dot, and then choose your shots, you will start learning how to control the flow of the game.
4. Let the color dots go down the drain, rather than keeping them in play. As they interact with the white dot, they may cause you to lose the dot when you don't expect it.
5. Keep your focus on the white dot at all times.
6. Try not to aim for the center all the time. There is more chance of the white dot falling down the drain if you do that.
7. Practice different angles with the flippers. There are a ton of angles you can do in the game. It depends greatly on where the dot is on the flipper, and when you decide to hit it.

Every time you get an extra dot, it is added to your extra dot total. For instance, if you watch a video ad, you now have one extra dot in reserve. If you watch a couple more, you now have three. If you buy a pack of 100, you now have 103 in reserve. Each level starts you with three dots. When the three are used up, you then have the option of continuing the level by using one of your reserve dots. Your total reserve count will be listed, so you will know how many you have left.

Last edited by Little White Bear Studios; 04-16-2015 at 12:34 PM.
04-16-2015, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentia View Post
Yes! Downloading now.
Thank you!