★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Meet Blot, a cheeky and fun loving blob of ink!

Blot has decided to go on an adventure and you get to come too!

---
Reviews

"Blot by Majestic Software is perhaps the best hand-drawn game. Ever." 5 stars - AppAdvice.com

Uber Indie Game of the Month - AppStoreArcade.com

"Blot blows most of its competition out of the water with style alone" 4.5 stars - TouchArcade.com

"Its wonderfully addictive and a perfect example of mobile gaming." 4.5 stars - 148apps.com

---

Help Blot duck and weave his way across the page avoiding all the pencils and thumbtacks that stand in his way. Ride a streak of paint, grab some coins, buy some awesome outfits and exciting tools to help Blot achieve a new distance record.

Don't forget to pick up your Boost Buddies along the way to charge up your Boost Power and blast your way forward!

Let the wind blow through Blot's ink and have some fun!

Highlights include:
High speed, nail biting action
Simple single touch gameplay
Equippable tools to help Blot get that extra millimetre or coin
Boost Buddies to power up your invulnerable Boost Power
Over 50 animated outfits
4 different color paints to dip Blot in, each with their own unique power
Hand drawn backgrounds (inspired by boring meetings and high school textbooks)
Game Center achievements and leader-boards
Three exciting challenge modes (Outback Challenge,Paul Revere's Ride and Halloween Hustle)

david_majestic's comments:
Hi Guys,

David from Majestic Software here.

We are happy to announce the release of our latest game Blot to the App Store.

We really hope you enjoy playing Blot as much as we enjoyed making it!

David
Majestic Software
01-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Oh man, I forgot about this. I am downloading it now!

Looking at the video, I really like the world. If the game sells well, or if you're inspired, could we see an actual platformer spin-off?

Update
I absolutely love the icon!

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus

Last edited by GoofyJmaster.; 01-26-2012 at 10:50 PM.

01-26-2012, 11:06 PM
Thanks very much GoofyJmaster.!

The world all comes down to Jeremy, our artist who spent most (if not all) of his time tweaking to get everything just right.

We are so happy with the end results and will seriously be looking at expanding Blot to other game genres for sure.

We have a few more games under our belt to get out first though so we will keep everyone at TouchArcade posted.

David
Majestic Software
01-26-2012, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_majestic View Post
Thanks very much GoofyJmaster.!

The world all comes down to Jeremy, our artist who spent most (if not all) of his time tweaking to get everything just right.

We are so happy with the end results and will seriously be looking at expanding Blot to other game genres for sure.

We have a few more games under our belt to get out first though so we will keep everyone at TouchArcade posted.

David
Majestic Software
Awesome! I'll post my impressions a bit later.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
01-26-2012, 11:50 PM
I love the art style of the backgrounds. It is very attractive without interfering with the visibility of the foreground elements. The game play seems to be like an endless runner. I am awaiting impressions.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
01-27-2012, 01:50 AM
I am ADDICTED!!! I will leave my impressions much later.

Way to come out of the blue (well, kinda) and screw up my whole GOTW nominations/vote.

Edit
Haha, I just saw/got the nom nom nom coin spelling--nice!

Last edited by GoofyJmaster.; 01-27-2012 at 01:53 AM.
01-27-2012, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
I love the art style of the backgrounds. It is very attractive without interfering with the visibility of the foreground elements. The game play seems to be like an endless runner. I am awaiting impressions.
Hi slewis7,

Thanks for the compliment, as i said previously we really did our best to make it look as good as possible.

Blot is an endless runner with an emphasis on obstacle dodging and tunneling.

Thanks for checking it out!

David
01-27-2012, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyJmaster. View Post
I am ADDICTED!!! I will leave my impressions much later.

Way to come out of the blue (well, kinda) and screw up my whole GOTW nominations/vote.

Edit
Haha, I just saw/got the nom nom nom coin spelling--nice!
Happy to hear you are enjoying it and glad to even be considered!

Plenty of coin patterns in there to see

David
01-27-2012, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_majestic View Post
Happy to hear you are enjoying it and glad to even be considered!

Plenty of coin patterns in there to see

David
Yeah, sorry the impression is taking so long! When I really, really like games I put a lot of thought into what I want to say, even if it's a one sentence post. I want to do your game justice with my words.

This is the same problem I had with Lumi; couldn't keep it simple and ended turning my review into a weird love affair.

The game is about as perfect as an endless runner can be.

01-27-2012, 04:09 AM
Geezus, how many sketch drawings are in the game? I sewar I see something new each time, which is awesome. I also really like that they are randomized, but they always seem to interact perfectly with each other.