★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Diamond Hunter - Free... wow?

12-04-2008, 12:58 AM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Diamond Hunter - Free... wow?

So far I'm on level 2 and the game is actually probably worth downloading (and then deleting again later). It's pretty similar to Enigmo. You eed to bounce the gem onto one of those trampoline things, make it hit a wall and try to get it to land into the "basket." The graphics are pretty nice, but there are a few small things that make it kinda dumb. 1. the music is a little annoying. It pauses every few seconds for some reason. 2. There is no explanation on how to play the game. You need to move the trampolines and try to get the gem into the basket.

Other than that, it's an OK game. It's free, so that's good.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=298593855&mt=8

I'll try it out and let you guys know what I think, but just from looking at it, it looks pretty nice :P

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge

Last edited by istopmotion; 12-04-2008 at 01:09 AM.
12-04-2008, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by istopmotion View Post
I haven't played this game, but I just noticed it on the app store. It looks pretty decent!

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=298593855&mt=8

I'll try it out and let you guys know what I think, but just from looking at it, it looks pretty nice :P
It actually does. Please let us know I'll trust your opinion. Otherwise I won't bother. Haha.

12-04-2008, 01:21 AM
Send a message via AIM to superbad
HATE IT:

1) it violates the ten(?) character limit for iDevices which puts "..." in the app name.
2) NO INSTRUCTIONS!!!
3) it's an enigmo/aqua forest wannabe using diamonds but unlike water that can flow continuously, you have to constantly press the crane to drop another diamond when you werent to finish the level at one try.

hey. its free... and deleted..
12-04-2008, 01:24 AM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbad View Post
HATE IT:

1) it violates the ten(?) character limit for iDevices which puts "..." in the app name.
2) NO INSTRUCTIONS!!!
3) it's an enigmo/aqua forest wannabe using diamonds but unlike water that can flow continuously, you have to constantly press the crane to drop another diamond when you werent to finish the level at one try.

hey. its free... and deleted..
Yeah, I'm quickly realizing how bad this game really is... The levels are repetitive and like you said, manually tapping the claw thingy to drop a gem is kinda gay. Oh well. It gave me a good 10 mins of fun...

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
12-04-2008, 01:26 AM
Well then. Won't be downloading this one anytime soon.
12-04-2008, 04:25 AM
Send a message via MSN to Paulio
Think the price may be going up cos I tried to download earlier and it wouldn't let me. Said changes were currently being made, and last time that happened (with AquaForest also when it was free) it went up the next day. But seeing peoples responses, seems as though it doesn't matter. just another puzzle game for the app store..
12-04-2008, 04:30 AM
I like it, except it needs resume (starting over just because you got a phone call sucks) and the 'getamac ad theme wannabe music' removed. Atleast you can mute it.
12-04-2008, 05:10 AM
Looks promising, but I'm getting the 'Purchase of this item is not currently available. This item is being modified. Please try again later' message. Wonder if that means a price is being added? Assume from the comments that it still needs some work before it's worth paying for?

EDIT: Oops, missed Paulio's reply with the same issue.

Last edited by JamesC; 12-04-2008 at 05:15 AM.
12-04-2008, 08:49 AM
$1.99

The price did get added. I saw it for free this morning at AppShopper, clicked the link to buy and since I wasn't quite awake yet (6am), didn't pay attention that it was $1.99 when clicking the buy link in iTunes. Strangely, it then never appeared in my Apps list in iTunes. While I appreciate missing the new $1.99 price tag was due my lack of attention, I immediately reported it to Apple as an inadvertent app purchase with no resulting app. We'll see what they say.