★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Gembly BV
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 83.3 MB
  • Version: 3.1
  • Price: $5.99
  • Average User Rating: 1.5 (2)
App description: JOIN THE BATTLE NOW!

- "I had completely forgotten how much fun the classic strategy board game Stratego was!" - Kotaku
- "Weve had a chance to play it, and fans of the board game version have plenty to be excited about!" - Gamezebo
- "Keesings Stratego Online is by far the best digital version of the old board game classic Ive ever played!" - Gamezone

The classic board game of battlefield strategy, now available for the iPad! Do you have what it takes to achieve victory on the battlefield? Defeat your opponents in the official Stratego iPad game!

Protect your flag against your enemies, and make sure to capture your opponents flag first! See you on the battlefield

***** Great job! This game brings back old memories, its nice and money worth.

***** Yes! I have been waiting looong for this amazing game and here it is! The multiplayer mode is fantastic! A must buy for every stratego player out there! ;)

Full game or Quick game

Stratego offers a Single Player and a Multiplayer mode, where you can choose between a full (40 pieces) or a quick (10 pieces) game. After you have created a setup, you can save it: this means you can use it again and again if it proves to be successful!

Challenge your friends

Keep your friends close, and your enemies even closer: the Stratego friends list makes it easy to challenge your friends, but you can also add players you recently met in battle to your friends list.

Customize your army

Do you prefer the classic look of Stratego? No problem, just change the artwork on your pieces! You can also change the color and the coat of arms of your pieces, as well as your avatar and battlefield.

Play offline

If there is no Internet available you can play the singleplayer mode offline

Support

If you have comments or complaints please contact us: customercare@stratego.com

sizzlakalonji's comments:
There's already a crap version out there, but this seems legit, and looks good...but it's $6.99. So there's that.

01-28-2013, 08:57 PM
Good find, Sizz!

01-28-2013, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
Good find, Sizz!
If you get it, let us know how it is.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
01-28-2013, 09:58 PM
I'll wait a day or 2. then its probably on sale, just like every other game lately
01-29-2013, 01:02 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster
Keep your Hands off this!

- You need a Facebook Account to play!
- Several in App Purchases ...
- no Retina
- crashes

etc. ..

Schenker P505 Notebook | iPad Air 2 | iPhone 6+

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Last edited by Mythbuster; 01-29-2013 at 01:10 AM.
01-29-2013, 01:04 AM
There is a Stratego clone 'Legion' ... that has no iApp purchases, it runs stable and has a good AI with four levels ...

Last edited by Mythbuster; 01-29-2013 at 01:10 AM.
01-29-2013, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythbuster View Post
Keep your Hands off this!

- You need a Facebook Account to play!
- Several in App Purchases ...
- no Retina
- crashes

etc. ..

Wow. Thanks for the info. Sounds like one to avoid. I don't know why they can't seem to get this game right.

Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
01-29-2013, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
Wow. Thanks for the info. Sounds like one to avoid. I don't know why they can't seem to get this game right.
Yep, it is a shame ... I am a fan of all board games and I would really love an original port of it ...

01-29-2013, 08:56 AM
We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with our iPad App. We already have thousands of players without problems so we would really like to help you out and improve our game.

Can you contact us at: customercare@stratego.com and tell us your iPad version, iOs version and the version of the App you are running?

To be clear you don`t need a Facebook account to play the game, you can also create a free Stratego account

Last edited by stratego community; 01-29-2013 at 08:58 AM. Reason: forgotten something
01-29-2013, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratego community View Post
We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with our iPad App. We already have thousands of players without problems so we would really like to help you out and improve our game.

Can you contact us at: customercare@stratego.com and tell us your iPad version, iOs version and the version of the App you are running?

To be clear you don`t need a Facebook account to play the game, you can also create a free Stratego account
First of all, welcome to TA, and thank you for posting on the forums. Just so we can clear up some of the issues raised, can you tell us what the IAP entails and the associated cost(s)? I don't see it listed in the app description. You've already put to rest the Facebook question, so thank you for that. Again, we always appreciate developers interacting with us, and hopefully we can put some concerns to rest. It appears (and I can certainly speak for myself here) that many of us have been waiting for a good Stratego game on the App Store for a long time. Hopefully this can turn out to be that title.