Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-29-2013, 09:31 AM

@sizzlakalonji thanks for the welcome!

To address the InAppPurchases (IAP). We have an in game currency called BattleCoins (BC) that can be used to change the avatar to a special avatar besides the free ones provided. Also you can buy extra board backgrounds and for the fans you can also buy the Original Stratego Piece Art that was common around 20 years ago. All the purchases at this moment do not give you an advantage in the game. So there is no need to use IAP to get higher on the ranking or play games.

So give some exmples:

500 BattleCoins is 5,49

And board backgrounds are available from 100 BattleCoins.

Just to be clear you can completely play all the game modes once you bought the App and also play the AI/singleplayer offline.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:40 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I currently have 3 Stratego-likes since the AppStore opened. Glad to see an official verson out but I'll probably play these cheap versions til the price point of this official one becomes more palatable.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:27 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

-> "You need a Facebook Account to play!"
-> "you don`t need a Facebook account to play"

i'm still muddled by this. what, is someone lying? can someone provide some proof positive that a F&^%book account is NOT needed?

developer - can you please verify that those chat "bars" that appear on your screenshots at the Appstore do NOT appear on single player screens?

Quote:
There's already a crap version out there
iBattle Game ain't bad....

Last edited by Mack the Knife; 01-29-2013 at 04:29 PM..
Old 01-29-2013, 08:09 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

well, turns out my post above is moot as I just read an iTunes reviewer saying you needed to be on-line to play singleplayer. horseshit to that idiotic requirement. no purchase here.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:17 AM

@Mack the Knife like I said you dont need Facebook and you can create a free Stratego account. The idea is you get Online to play against real people instead of the singleplayer/AI. But maybe you are just not tough enough to play against the pro`s? ;-)

To help you out I added the "play singpleplayer without account" to the list and I expect you to buy the game when we add it, deal?

For all other people that don`t like to get an account there is a bypass:

1. register with a fake email, we are not checking this since you are missing out on important updates and special campaigns for extra BattleCoins

2. turn off you wifi internet before you start the game, like I said before you can play offline. This also works if you never created an account
Old 01-30-2013, 03:23 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratego community View Post
@Mack the Knife like I said you dont need Facebook and you can create a free Stratego account. The idea is you get Online to play against real people instead of the singleplayer/AI. But maybe you are just not tough enough to play against the pro`s? ;-)

To help you out I added the "play singpleplayer without account" to the list and I expect you to buy the game when we add it, deal?

For all other people that don`t like to get an account there is a bypass:

1. register with a fake email, we are not checking this since you are missing out on important updates and special campaigns for extra BattleCoins

2. turn off you wifi internet before you start the game, like I said before you can play offline. This also works if you never created an account
Why not simply use Gamecenter?
Old 01-30-2013, 04:37 AM

@thevagrant Gamecenter is on the list, but we have the current logins to make it work crossplatform and with GameCenter you are bound to iOs. But don`t worry it will be added soon.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:43 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Is there a pass and play option?
Old 01-30-2013, 09:16 AM

@BazookaTime not yet its on the list to add, seems you are not the only one requesting it ;-)
Old 01-30-2013, 09:59 AM

For all the Stratego fans here we got some more questions and we answered the top5 here: http://forum.stratego.com/topic/165-...ipad-feedback/