Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-28-2013, 10:34 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default ChthoniC - Rhythm Crusher (Universal)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Echoseven; 01-30-2013 at 05:23 AM..
Old 01-28-2013, 10:39 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Woah
Old 01-28-2013, 11:09 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Hmmm... intriguing. Not $5 intriguing, but indeed very intriguing...

Metalcasket, have you TOFtT?

I can't tell what the hell is going on in that video. It looks like Elite Beat Agents mixed with Lumines? And I don't like the look of all the Achievements being in Japanese (or whatever language that is! Please don't hate on my ignorance )

But when all is said and done.... intriguing
Old 01-28-2013, 11:22 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
Metalcasket, have you TOFtT?
Tempted to, very tempted. While I do listen to Chthonic and would love to have a metal version of Cytus, I'm just not sold on the app itself. I mean, yeah...not sure of the menu language, the "Stash" thing on the main menu worries me and I'm not sure if I'm willing to spend $5 just to find out considering we're so close to tomorrow/Thursday's releases.

EDIT: The screenshots have English achievements. That shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited by metalcasket; 01-28-2013 at 11:28 PM..
Old 01-29-2013, 03:16 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Bought and downloading. It's 12 licensed songs for $5...come on. Think of it as an interactive "Best of" album. That's pretty awesome and a bargain, right? Plus, online co-op and battle modes? Which other rhythm based games on iOS have that? Void, c'mon buddy...you know you want to.

(Honestly, I'm fearing that damn sudden price-drop, but I hope I'm wrong)

Oh man...awesome idea: Sanuku! If you get this and want to make a co-op or battle video...you're on!

Last edited by metalcasket; 01-29-2013 at 03:19 AM..
Old 01-29-2013, 06:31 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Not really sure where I stand with this. :/ My initial impressions were quite excellent (the music's superb, the game's responsive and despite a couple of grammar errors, it's quite surprisingly polished), but then...then I came across the IAPs.

8 of the 12 songs are unlocked. The other 4? Locked with a $2 price-tag on each of them. Sure, you can unlock 'em by playing the game, but really...lose 200 online games? Play 1000 Co-op games? Some of the requirements are just insane. Not only that, co-op is Bluetooth only, and out of the 20 times I've tried to connect to a Game Center battle, I was only able to play 1 game. There's also what I presume to be power-ups you can use to stun your opponents during battle, and each one's also got a crazy requirement vs. paying $0.99 to $2.99 to unlock them each.

Gah, I don't know. :/ The "charts" are fun and the music's brilliant...I was about to call this "my favorite iOS rhythm game", but now I don't know if I even want to own it.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:49 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Definitely got a love-hate relationship with this game, but having spent more time with it, I can easily recommend it to anyone who's into metal or wants to try something a little out of the ordinary (in iOS terms)...really, really enjoying it now, and connecting on Game Center's really quick.

Sad this isn't getting any attention around here.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:03 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

MC - what's the gameplay like?
Old 01-29-2013, 01:24 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Exactly the same as Cytus on iOS. There's a chain that goes up and down the screen and you've got to tap the circles as the chain crosses them. There's also the "follow the trail" ones and the "tap and hold" type. I haven't played Elite Beat Agents or whatever the original Japanese version of that was (sorry guys), but yeah...it's a very simple concept that works very well. Like I said, if you've played Cytus, you've played this...albeit without all the eviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil.

The screenshots don't do the game justice. I mean, there's not a lot to the visuals, but there are some wicked "charts" (I don't know what to call them, using Guitar Hero terminology incorrectly ) or patterns and the only actual gameplay shot is the one with the 2 circles and chain. Unless I'm blind, the numbers within the circles aren't present in the final version. At least not in that cheap font.

Last edited by metalcasket; 01-29-2013 at 01:28 PM..
Old 01-29-2013, 01:30 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Well thank you very much for the impressions, metalcasket! It's unfortunate, the point about the in-app purchases... but ehh...

In Elite Beat Agents, or "OUENDAAAAAAAAN" as it's known in Japan (kidding, but Ouendan is part of the title ), it doesn't deal with a scrolling bar. It is solely about tapping the circles as they close, and doing them in numerical order. From the sounds of it, though, it seems like your description of the gameplay, other than the scrolling bar, is like Elite Beat Agents, indeed.

The scrolling bar reminds me of Lumines, actually. That game is boss, and better be coming to iOS in the future <3

I think $5 is still too much for me, though. I'm not all that into metal (it's a love-hate thing... sometimes I love it, sometimes I dislike it quite a bit; depends on my mood), and not knowing the gameplay style for certain... just a little too much risk for me.

But I may try out Cytus for a cheaper alternative to test out the gameplay. What kind of music is in Cytus?