App description: Commanded Requirements:
Compatible with iphone 4,iphone 4s, iphone 5, ipad 2, ipad 3, ipad 4, ipod touch (5th generation),
This app is optimized for iphone 5,Requires ios 5.0 or later.

CHTHONIC Rhythm Crusher is the result of the alliance formed between Chun-Mu International Ltd. and Chthonic. The iOS based rhythm game harnesses the unique identity of Chthonic and the result is nothing sort of a sensory rollercoaster. The combination of a Heavy/Thrash Metal inspired visuals, 12 renowned tracks from CHTHONIC's repertoire and four unique gameplay and battle mechanics challenges the status quo of the rhythm game genre to date.

12 select songs from CHTHONIC's 6 albums.
Two modes and two levels are included in every song.
Additional V.S. Mode allows for multiplayer through Bluetooth or Game Center.
Equip System enables personalized strategies in V.S. Mode.
Vibration when hit in V.S. Mode.
Leaderboard system in Co-op Mode for competitive play.
Tout your score on Facebook & Twitter!

metalcasket's comments:
01-29-2013, 01:35 PM
MC (teehee), there's an option not to use the scrolling chain.

As for Cytus...poop if I know what kind of music that is. You're better off asking Syntheticvoid. Definitely something electronic. This on the other hand is just nice, simple, family-style Melodic Black Metal from Taiwan.

EDIT: Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god...just played my first online game on iPad. I take back everything negative I've said about Rhythm Crusher. I love this game. I love it. How the hell was I playing this on iPhone all day? I can honestly see myself playing 1200 games to unlock whatever the hell it was that needed that many plays. I still can't recommend it to people who don't like metal, but I'll easily say this is my favorite iOS rhythm game. I would've never thought an online portion of a game would win me over, but daaaaaaaaaamn that was fun. (For the record, even though I've been trying out the multiplayer portion on iPhone throughout the day, the whole game was just "alright". Placing an iPad flat, with its massive screen with space to breathe and 2 index fingers used to play (rather than thumbs) makes a WORLD of a difference).

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

Last edited by metalcasket; 01-29-2013 at 02:08 PM.
01-29-2013, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
MC (teehee), there's an option not to use the scrolling chain.

As for Cytus...poop if I know what kind of music that is. You're better off asking Syntheticvoid. Definitely something electronic. This on the other hand is just nice, simple, family-style Melodic Black Metal from Taiwan.

EDIT: Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god...just played my first online game on iPad. I take back everything negative I've said about Rhythm Crusher. I love this game. I love it. How the hell was I playing this on iPhone all day? I can honestly see myself playing 1200 games to unlock whatever the hell it was that needed that many plays. I still can't recommend it to people who don't like metal, but I'll easily say this is my favorite iOS rhythm game. I would've never thought an online portion of a game would win me over, but daaaaaaaaaamn that was fun. (For the record, even though I've been trying out the multiplayer portion on iPhone throughout the day, the whole game was just "alright". Placing an iPad flat, with its massive screen with space to breathe and 2 index fingers used to play (rather than thumbs) makes a WORLD of a difference).
Lol. I was the first to be acronymed MC.

Well thanks for the information! I decided to pull the trigger on the safer bet, Cytus, and will definitely play that soon!

Hahaha, I'm glad you have officially fallen in love with your flawed masterpiece

わたしのねこはがこうえいきます。
私の猫は学校絵行きます。

01-30-2013, 06:16 AM
Last music game I played was one of those Tap Taps where I was able to unlock a Megadeth album and a bunch of Metallica songs, that was badass. Though this is cool, I dont know the band...they always seemed like an Asian rip off of Cradle Of Filth. I seen the video ^above for a sec and I'm not sure I get the gameplay, the "hits" look way out of sync with the music..
01-30-2013, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rshkhsee View Post
...the "hits" look way out of sync with the music..
And that`s why I totally cant get into the Game and probably even can`t advise any Music Fan to buy it. It did destroy for me the hole fun from the first Track
01-30-2013, 06:31 AM
That's partially due to the game being on easy mode, plus you need to time it so that the ring thing on each of the circles does a 360. Try out one of the later songs on Hard and you'll notice there's some excellent syncing with the music. Then again, this is metal...how do you recreate some of those riffs and blast beats for use in a game?

Oh, and a major factor to consider: The dark notes should be played as the chain comes down, while the light notes are played only when it goes up.

Last edited by metalcasket; 01-30-2013 at 06:38 AM.
01-30-2013, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
That's partially due to the game being on easy mode, plus you need to time it so that the ring thing on each of the circles does a 360. Try out one of the later songs on Hard and you'll notice there's some excellent syncing with the music. Then again, this is metal...how do you recreate some of those riffs and blast beats for use in a game?

That's a question only a metal(cask)head can answer.

What is this anyway? Never heard of the group. I am old now... no, wait. There was a band with that name at Wacken Open Air 2012. Yes, checked and confirmed. Phew. I am not that old.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 01-30-2013 at 06:42 AM.
01-30-2013, 06:59 AM
I think anyone who has listened to music before can take that song and match hits to riffs/beats in wide apart spaces. "Easy" mode is no excuse for bad syncing, metal or otherwise. I've played metal songs that did it right(take a cue from guitar hero or some shit) with lots of double bass before. If I wanted to see a band like this cashing in (IAP), then at least make a quality game.
01-31-2013, 10:31 AM
down to $1.99

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Dragon Hills, Devious Dungeon 2, Attack The Light, Incoboto, Bring Me Sandwiches!!
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;: Autechre, Download, Flint Glass
01-31-2013, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
down to $1.99
HA!

*bashes head into wall*

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"