★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Flashout 3D will be on sale for .99 cents

01-29-2013, 08:53 AM
Flashout 3D will be on sale for .99 cents

Not sure when, but later today. I haven't played it; no recommendations either way...I think it was released only a week or 2 before that other futuristic racer. Poor timing and unforeseen events, I reckon.
01-29-2013, 08:55 AM
It is not good at all. Repulze is so much better.

01-29-2013, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
It is not good at all. Repulze is so much better.
Thanks for the tip. Haven't gotten Repulze because of the time-trial only gameplay.
01-29-2013, 10:41 AM
Repulze looks and runs better even on touch 4
01-29-2013, 01:04 PM
Supposedly repulze will get more content updates later
01-29-2013, 02:04 PM

01-29-2013, 03:23 PM
I could never get into repulze, way to repetitive (plus I suck at these wipeout games, I loves the walls). But I played the demo of this one quite a bit today and I'm liking it, so probably gonna get it. But there ain't no engine sounds in the game? Just a "fssss" sound and the music, weird since engine sounds adds a lot to race games eh

Soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/chris1a-1
Audiobombs (presets and templates for iOS synths):
https://www.audiobombs.com/users/ChrisG
01-29-2013, 03:39 PM
Isnt this the one that didnt have your craft tipping left or right when turning? If it is, that was total physics fail and was what made me abandon the game in an instant.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
01-29-2013, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Isnt this the one that didnt have your craft tipping left or right when turning? If it is, that was total physics fail and was what made me abandon the game in an instant.
They added controls but still a fail
01-30-2013, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
They have updated it with a lot of updates especially the controls, it is probably worth a second look. When I first played this, I was really disappointed with the controls, it was way too easy to hit the walls. But they added a bunch of new controls, the left-right on opposite of the screen work pretty good now.

It might not play well on older iphones though, it is barely passable on my new ipad framerate wise. I am curious if it plays really well on an ipad 4 if anyone has one or if it is the coding.

The sounds and odd not leaning of the ship still kind of could use some improvement, but the graphics are top notch. I like Repulze better but many of my friends have commented that this game looks better graphically.

One thing to note is the speed and framerate play much better on the highest difficulty setting on quick race mode. Never play it in super easy mode, the default. The game plays much better in hardest mode, the game for some reason plays much better in the hardest settings. Great game on tv, so for now it had made it back on my system after the latest updates.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	314.0 KB
ID:	52656  

Last edited by Connector; 01-30-2013 at 01:29 AM.