★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Krashlander [Universal]

01-29-2013, 08:25 PM
Krashlander - Ski Down Mountains and Attack Evil Robots - [Universal]

Krashlander - Launching February 7, 2013

The Pitch
Krashlander is a physics powered game that will have you blasting down large mountain slopes and soaring over gaping crevices to attack the evil robots that destroyed your world.

What's interesting about krashlander
  • A fluid and precise physics-driven control mechanic borrowed from an awesome old abandoned game called Ski Stunt Simulator.
  • Epic rigid-body style crashes.
  • A dedicated one-man development team with a Google Doc full of update ideas. This first release is very much only the beginning.

The Story
Evil robots from another planet have destroyed your world.
Revenge is your mission.
Your krashsuit is your weapon.
ATTACK THE ROBOTS!!!

The story behind Krashlander is pretty loose. You play as the last remaining human who was once a member of an elite force of Krahslanders.

A Krashlander wears a protective "krashsuit", skis down mountains, and crashes into things. The krashsuit is his weapon. The suit's regenerative nature repairs any damage done to the occupant.

As the last remaining Krashlander, who now simply goes by the name Krashlander, your only mission is to exact revenge on the robots that destroyed your world.

Other Details
Launch Date: Februrary 7, 2013
Price: $0.99
Twitter: @jeffweber

Krashlander Media Kit (Screens, Icons, Description, Info)

Let me know what you think,

-Jeff Weber

Last edited by JeffWeber; 02-05-2013 at 08:39 PM. Reason: More descriptive title
01-29-2013, 10:39 PM
Great stuff! You may have a big hit on your hands here.
Nice art style, and great gameplay.

01-29-2013, 11:00 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Really digging the art style and looks likea blast to play. Count me in!

MADE THE FRONT PAGE ON TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin2898 View Post
True Words Spoken By The Great Crex.
01-30-2013, 04:45 AM
bram and crex, Thanks.

Glad you like the art style. Art is a weak point of mine so I try to keep it fairly simple. :-)

Appreciate the feedback.
01-30-2013, 04:48 AM
looks interesting

Game center ID: ip4weather
Upcoming horror games: The Apeiron Project Forgotten Memories In Fear I Trust Nowhere
01-30-2013, 05:02 AM
How many levels in the release version? Any support for iPad retina?

I agree with the art style comments, simplicity is beautiful. Once you start attempting to use textures you risk looking amateurish, but you can't go wrong with plain colours.
01-30-2013, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
How many levels in the release version? Any support for iPad retina?

I agree with the art style comments, simplicity is beautiful. Once you start attempting to use textures you risk looking amateurish, but you can't go wrong with plain colours.
1st release will have 20 levels. More levels and a lot of other stuff will be added via updates. Krashlander is Universal and yes is supports iPad retina.

Thanks for the comments. Yes, if I made textures they would look amateurish. :-)

-Jeff

Last edited by JeffWeber; 01-30-2013 at 05:43 AM.
01-30-2013, 07:10 PM
Holy crap! Rayman Run + Bike Baron + Angry Birds? SOLD!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
01-30-2013, 08:25 PM
@Exact-Psience, check your private messages. :-)
01-31-2013, 07:58 AM
Yeh, definitely getting this. I hope the levels are quite big, would be nice to o a few loop the loops and the like before crashing into the robots.

Games that will never leave my iPad : Great Big Wargame, Battle Academy, Battle of the Bulge, Ravenmark and Hunters 2.