★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Blocky Highway is about racing traffic, avoiding trains, collecting cars and most importantly having fun. Collect coins, open prize boxes to get new cars and complete collections! Drive at full speed to score big and be the #1.

Crash time! Control your car after crash, hit traffic cars for extra score!

Key Features
- Gorgeous voxel art graphics
- 3 worlds to choose from
- 45 different vehicles to drive
- Crash time
- 9 car collections to complete
- 3 game modes
- Endless easy mode for kids
- Missions
- GameCenter Leaderboards
- Achievements

Please leave a rating and give your feedback so we can further improve the game.

touchy85's comments:

Blocky Highway

Dogbyte Games Kft.
Genres: Games Arcade Racing
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
Blocky Highway is about racing traffic, avoiding trains, collecting cars and most importantly having fun. Collect coins, open prize boxes to get new cars and complete collections! Drive at full speed to score big and be the #1.

Crash time! Control your car after crash, hit traffic cars for extra score!

Key Features
- Gorgeous voxel art graphics
- 2 worlds to choose from
- 30 different vehicles to drive
- Crash time
- 6 car collections to complete
- 3 game modes
- Endless easy mode for kids
- Missions
- GameCenter Leaderboards
- Achievements

Please leave a rating and give your feedback so we can further improve the game.

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPadMini
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone4S
  • iPhone4
  • iPad23G
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPhone5c
  • iPodTouchFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPodTouchSixthGen
  • iPhone5
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPhone5s

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 6.0

Download Size: 14MB

09-02-2015, 11:49 AM
gameplay video

09-02-2015, 12:07 PM
Come on 11pm. This looks like fun! Is the IAP like Crossy Road? Will there be a coin doubler IAP? I can already feel my gaming ocd kicking in. I must have every vehicle lol First will be the tank because I enjoy blowing stuff up!

Billy

Last edited by LordShad0wz; 09-02-2015 at 12:10 PM.
09-02-2015, 12:11 PM
Nice! Downloading this one now.
09-02-2015, 12:19 PM
Post impression Noen when you have time. I always trust your impressions. I'm interested to see how the free ride mode is. If there's no damage then there must be fuel or check marks or something. The video is awesome. I loved the part where the truck crashed and it flew into the helicopter and even destroyed the chopper carried it along for a bit. Lol.

Billy

Last edited by LordShad0wz; 09-02-2015 at 12:28 PM.
09-02-2015, 01:25 PM
Oh wow, this is really fun! Played for a bit, some (half-assed) impressions:

So, it plays a lot like Traffic Racer, with one-way and two-way traffic modes. You have gas and brake buttons and a horn button that makes cars directly in front of you move to another lane. Tilt controls are very responsive and precise, I didn't even feel the need to try the touch controls yet. The sense of speed is not so great, what makes it somewhat easier to play than Traffic Racer, but besides traffic there's a lot of other challenges to avoid, like road blocks and railroad crossings.

When you crash you enter "Crash Time" and can control your car mid-air to hit other cars in traffic and score some final points. It's just like Burnout's "Impact time" and I'm glad to see this added - it's a lot of fun!

@LordShad0wz, on Free Mode you can't crash, but you also can't progress on missions and there's no coins to collect. As far as I can tell, it's (really) endless and seems to be there just as a no-stress practice mode or maybe for very young kids.

I also love the small memory footprint - it takes less than 30MB installed, something rare to see these days.

I can see I'll be putting a lot of time into this game!

Game Center: Flyin' Beagle
09-02-2015, 05:24 PM
Hvianna,

What's the IAP costs? I'm trying to plan out my purchases tonight. There's some awesome stuff dropping. But this game is at the top.

I would want to get rid of the ads and if there's a coin doubler I'd do that too.

Thanks for answering my earlier question.

Billy
09-02-2015, 05:35 PM
I'm not sure how much I'll like this but there's nothing to lose in trying it and I love release day getting loads of new apps to try out, some don't work out but some turn into my new addiction or join my cycle of games.
09-02-2015, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordShad0wz View Post
Hvianna,

What's the IAP costs? I'm trying to plan out my purchases tonight. There's some awesome stuff dropping. But this game is at the top.

I would want to get rid of the ads and if there's a coin doubler I'd do that too.

Thanks for answering my earlier question.

Billy
You're welcome!

The no-ads IAP is $1.29 NZ which should be $0.99 USD. I would also love a coin doubler, because coins are really scarce, but I don't see any other IAPs besides the no-ads (Edit: you can also buy individual vehicles).

Game Center: Flyin' Beagle

Last edited by hvianna; 09-02-2015 at 06:13 PM.
09-02-2015, 07:34 PM
I like how, at least according to the video, many of the vehicles have unique abilities, not just different skins.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews