App description: Welcome to the world of Utopia where YOU create the city and the residents.

"Pixel People takes an apocalyptic future and makes it hopeful, cheerful and brightif it's where freemium games are headed, we have a lot to look forward to." Touch Arcade, 5/5

"Pixel People is an excellent and addictive mash-up of town building and element combining. Download it!" IGN, 9.0/10

"Seriously good" Computer & Videogames, 8/10

"It's got charm in spades, depth of play and an awful lot of content to keep your fingers busy for a long time to come." Modojo, 4.5/5

"Simple, elegant and endlessly entertaining" Kotaku

"The game strikes a great balance between accessibility, with its loveable pixelated population, familiarity, and innovation..." EDGE

This app offers in-app purchases. You may restrict in-app purchasing using your device settings.

Greet new clones to Utopia at the arrival centre, then find them a place in your new world. Splice genes of residents and combine their skills to discover new Pixel People to join your thriving city.

VARIETY IS THE SPLICE OF LIFE
Combine the properties of Utopia residents to create 400 new occupants, each one suited to a special role in your new society. You can create Athlete Stanley Cupp, Judge Judy Schuss, or even Buccaneer Yoho Howe!

MONEY MONEY MONEY
Each new job you create for a Utopian resident puts money in the bank, and the more residents you place in each building, the more money you make! Use your cash to build more residences, places of work, and to expand your land. Collect or buy Utopium to speed up building processes and reveal secret recipes for creating exotic residents.

LOTS TO DO
As your population grows, love can blossom in Utopia too, and you can earn a sweet bonus for every 11 love hearts you collect. Bonuses could be coins, Utopium, or even a wild animal to wander your world?

EASTER EGG
Discover all the secrets of Utopia with Pixel people's delightful hidden secrets unlock certain buildings for enchanting surprises!

Key Features:
Create 400 different Pixel People
Find hidden animals through secret combinations and bonuses
Find secret bonuses and minigames inside your buildings
Distinct pixelated art style
Share your newly created Pixel People on Facebook
Move and customize your Pixel Utopia however you wish

Visit the Chillingo room on the App Store to see more of our great games: appstore.com/chillingo

Important Consumer Information. This app: Requires acceptance of EA's Privacy & Cookie Policy, TOS and EULA. Collects data through third party ad serving and analytics technology (see Privacy & Cookie Policy for details). Requires a persistent Internet connection (network fees may apply). Contains direct links to social networking sites intended for an audience over 13. Allows players to communicate via Facebook notifications and gifting. To disable see the settings in-game.Contains direct links to the internet.

Terms of Service : http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service
Privacy & Cookie Policy : http://www.ea.com/privacy-policy
EULA : http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/mobileeula/US/en/OTHER/
Visit http://www.chillingo.com/about/game-faqs/ for assistance or inquiries.

EA may retire online features and services after 30 days notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates.

Sanuku's comments:

01-31-2013, 08:01 AM
There's an in app purchase called double time. Does anyone know what it is and how to buy it?
01-31-2013, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zucram View Post
Why no sound options? I like that i can play my own music but how do turn of the sound effects?

Thanks!
You can turn sounds on and off in city hall.
There is a cog icon on it.

-L.

Last edited by Lcfr; 01-31-2013 at 12:51 PM.

01-31-2013, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
What's ninja HQ and what building do you need to do iap as in buying specials not ut
Probably unlocks if you mix a ninja. And I have yet to find the other building. Hoping it is one of the ones I have building now as they were jobs from the first page I overlooked.

Not sure if this is the best strategy -- trying to fill up all the buildings I have now and the occasional new job rather than go all out for new new new. I figure it could give me some serious coins this way and so far it is working out really well.
01-31-2013, 08:33 AM
So what's the end goal? All I'm doing is combining, placing a new building, and then waiting. Rinse and repeat ad nauseam. Zero strategy and barely a game.
01-31-2013, 09:03 AM
After a couple hours of playing, I'd say this game is more like Middle Manager of Justice than Tiny Tower or the infinite number of other time sims. Nothing has taken a horribly long time yet, and there is a more manageable end goal in sight.

I like it a lot. Definitely worth the free price (and would have been worth a buck or two).
01-31-2013, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Been splicing but I noticed something after I been doing that I can't select the jobs again so do I have to resplice the ones again to do that? If that's the case I'm gonna need alot of houses.
Do you mean if a job is required in more than one business? If so then yeah you have to resplice them.

I gotta say though, some of these combinations are HILARIOUS! So much fun! I really like my strategy of filling what I have so far - it's giving me lots of coins and the few that I do expand actually give me a goal of three or so more new jobs a time. The waits are not horrible, and the cost of expansion isn't too bad yet either. It's incredibly fun so far. I have been hit with a few events where I was given a new gene out of the blue which is really fun too - opens things up surprisingly a lot, as in lots new jobs available when this happens. Really a good motivator to keep on splicing!
01-31-2013, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyceps View Post
there is a way to play the same game on both iphone and on ipad?
because even with iCloud does not work on iphone, load a new game
Yeah, iCloud isn't working for me either.
01-31-2013, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream View Post
Yeah, iCloud isn't working for me either.
Now he has started to work!
01-31-2013, 09:35 AM
do I need paths, or are they aesthetic? I cannot tell if it is like Sim City where they need paths between buildings to travel or not for the game.
01-31-2013, 09:35 AM
iCloud is working for me. iPhone 5 + iPad 2. Haven't updated to the latest iOS update quite yet.