App description: Welcome to the world of Utopia where YOU create the city and the residents.

"Pixel People takes an apocalyptic future and makes it hopeful, cheerful and brightif it's where freemium games are headed, we have a lot to look forward to." Touch Arcade, 5/5

"Pixel People is an excellent and addictive mash-up of town building and element combining. Download it!" IGN, 9.0/10

"Seriously good" Computer & Videogames, 8/10

"It's got charm in spades, depth of play and an awful lot of content to keep your fingers busy for a long time to come." Modojo, 4.5/5

"Simple, elegant and endlessly entertaining" Kotaku

"The game strikes a great balance between accessibility, with its loveable pixelated population, familiarity, and innovation..." EDGE

This app offers in-app purchases. You may restrict in-app purchasing using your device settings.

Greet new clones to Utopia at the arrival centre, then find them a place in your new world. Splice genes of residents and combine their skills to discover new Pixel People to join your thriving city.

VARIETY IS THE SPLICE OF LIFE
Combine the properties of Utopia residents to create 400 new occupants, each one suited to a special role in your new society. You can create Athlete Stanley Cupp, Judge Judy Schuss, or even Buccaneer Yoho Howe!

MONEY MONEY MONEY
Each new job you create for a Utopian resident puts money in the bank, and the more residents you place in each building, the more money you make! Use your cash to build more residences, places of work, and to expand your land. Collect or buy Utopium to speed up building processes and reveal secret recipes for creating exotic residents.

LOTS TO DO
As your population grows, love can blossom in Utopia too, and you can earn a sweet bonus for every 11 love hearts you collect. Bonuses could be coins, Utopium, or even a wild animal to wander your world?

EASTER EGG
Discover all the secrets of Utopia with Pixel people's delightful hidden secrets unlock certain buildings for enchanting surprises!

Key Features:
Create 400 different Pixel People
Find hidden animals through secret combinations and bonuses
Find secret bonuses and minigames inside your buildings
Distinct pixelated art style
Share your newly created Pixel People on Facebook
Move and customize your Pixel Utopia however you wish

Visit the Chillingo room on the App Store to see more of our great games: appstore.com/chillingo

Important Consumer Information. This app: Requires acceptance of EA's Privacy & Cookie Policy, TOS and EULA. Collects data through third party ad serving and analytics technology (see Privacy & Cookie Policy for details). Requires a persistent Internet connection (network fees may apply). Contains direct links to social networking sites intended for an audience over 13. Allows players to communicate via Facebook notifications and gifting. To disable see the settings in-game.Contains direct links to the internet.

Terms of Service : http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service
Privacy & Cookie Policy : http://www.ea.com/privacy-policy
EULA : http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/mobileeula/US/en/OTHER/
Visit http://www.chillingo.com/about/game-faqs/ for assistance or inquiries.

EA may retire online features and services after 30 days notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates.

Sanuku's comments:

01-31-2013, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennfusion View Post
do I need paths, or are they aesthetic? I cannot tell if it is like Sim City where they need paths between buildings to travel or not for the game.
Paths are just for aesthetics and/or organization. On the plus side paths and waterways do not count towards land usage.

Last edited by TRB4; 01-31-2013 at 09:51 AM. Reason: added quote
01-31-2013, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRB4 View Post
Paths are just for aesthetics and/or organization. On the plus side paths and waterways do not count towards land usage.
I find them to be very useful mostly just for the fact that they allow you to better organize the city I started out just haphazardly putting buildings down, but they got really hard to individually click in some cases, making some nice grids with roads helped solve that issue.

01-31-2013, 10:14 AM
What does the Double Time IAP do? I assume that it cuts all timers by 50%, is that correct? Also, what building has Double Time and what combination unlocks it?
01-31-2013, 10:18 AM
I find paths pretty useful to segregate the businesses that do stuff from the businesses that don't, too. Like the one that gives you a premium currency every day, I'd totally forget it if it was in a mess of other buildings.

Interested to hear if anyone's worked out how to change houses for other houses, it's not worth keeping the rubbish ones around when there are better land:resident ratios available.

Really needs a fix for the irritating "go to town hall" thing, too. It seems to be interpreting drags as taps about 95% of the time and bringing menus up. Also needs to stop closing what I'm doing to give me a new job notification, wait until I'm out of whatever screen I'm in. Also needs some optimisation somewhere because it is KILLING my battery. I've played a fair bit, obviously, but it's way worse than the performance I'd expect for the time.

Still, aside from the badly-done pixel style, I pretty much love it.
01-31-2013, 10:34 AM
Somebody please expand on this.
01-31-2013, 10:42 AM
i've encountered a problem. when i start game, it says loaded from icloud and i tapped for start game. after that it welcomes me and crash.
I've deleted game and iCloud data's. and reinstalled game. but it still gives me this problem.

I added an Image before game crash. I cant find where i'd tap.
01-31-2013, 10:59 AM
First of all let me say that this game is currently eating so much of my day its scary! And I'm supposed to be working too!

Second, can someone help me with waterways please? I have completed the Lakehouse and it tells me I can add waterways from the Landscape menu, but I can't see anything for waterways in there...!?! I haven't got paths yet - I assume I'm just missing the right building/occupation for that though

Thanks in advance
01-31-2013, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanithfirst View Post
First of all let me say that this game is currently eating so much of my day its scary! And I'm supposed to be working too!

Second, can someone help me with waterways please? I have completed the Lakehouse and it tells me I can add waterways from the Landscape menu, but I can't see anything for waterways in there...!?! I haven't got paths yet - I assume I'm just missing the right building/occupation for that though

Thanks in advance
Waterways are in the Paths menu. Perhaps you need to have Roadways available first. To unlock Roadways you need a Construction Yard, to unlock the Construction Yard you need to make a Mechanical Engineer, to make a Mechanical Engineer you need to combine a Mechanic and an Engineer.
01-31-2013, 11:18 AM
Hmm, I have roads but not waterways...

Also, they need to let us rotate the buildings around! (Unless I mislooked and there's is a way)
01-31-2013, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jxsgamer View Post
Hmm, I have roads but not waterways...

Also, they need to let us rotate the buildings around! (Unless I mislooked and there's is a way)
To unlock Waterways:

You need a Lakehouse, to get a Lakehouse you need to make a Fishmonger, to make a Fishmonger you need to combine a Farmer and a Plumber.