Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-30-2013, 08:41 AM
In Time-Out
iPhone 4S

So far this looks like my only instabuy tonight.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:52 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorsound View Post
I was involved in the beta testing and I can tell you this is a really incredible racing game.

It's awesome, as when you start a race, you have no idea if you are going to finish first or dead last, as you can have the lead one second and find yourself trying to recover the next.

The graphics are amazing on the ipad 4 as well.

I am so impressed with the vehicle modeling, reflective paint, and dynamic shadows.

The controls took about 10 minutes for me to get used to.
(I am using the touch controls).
At first I was having difficulty not to oversteer so much.

Once I got used to the controls, I can honestly say they are PERFECT.

I am so impressed with TTR, Playrise could blow up my house, crush my car and steal my wife and i would still love their game!
(Actually, I would probably love it even more if they did steal my wife )
I can't count the hours I have put into it.
Good impressions there thanks (well, good for the game, not so good for the wife).
Very tidy file size and seems to have impressed Sanuku.
All just adds to the instabuy more.

Edit. Left impressions on page 7 of this thread. Put simply, its a lot of fun, definite instabuy.
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpo...6&postcount=65

Last edited by Rip73; 01-30-2013 at 09:10 PM..
Old 01-30-2013, 09:34 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Instabuy! The Japanese restaurant map sold me.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:41 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I'm surprised that dozens of people aren't freaking about this already. This was programmed by key ex Studio Liverpool programmers who had previously worked on Wipeout on Playstation and Vita. This app will be quality solely because the programmers are incredibly talented.

Instabuy for me, can't wait to check it. Remember the new iPad's graphics chip is very similar to the PSVita and this app at least visually should put 99 percent of appstore games to shame.

Hope people support these developers, good luck to them starting off their own small studio after being laid off. This app will shine...mark my words.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:00 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrofuture View Post
I'm surprised that dozens of people aren't freaking about this already. This was programmed by key ex Studio Liverpool programmers who had previously worked on Wipeout on Playstation and Vita. This app will be quality solely because the programmers are incredibly talented.

Instabuy for me, can't wait to check it. Remember the new iPad's graphics chip is very similar to the PSVita and this app at least visually should put 99 percent of appstore games to shame.

Hope people support these developers, good luck to them starting off their own small studio after being laid off. This app will shine...mark my words.
It is a slightly odd situation that there is little activity all right but it has been a relatively low key launch so far.
But all the coverage its got has been extremely positive and there are certain sites that are definitely behind it in a big way. I also hope that is reflected in its success. You gotta root for the independents even more so.
The visual quite simply look astounding and despite not playing it yet (about 8 more hours to go where I am), it looks like it could only be a lot of fun.
Plus there's no way it can't be Apples featured app of the week, it simply has to be. I haven't seen anything else so far this week that could compete with it.
Anyway, there's a very strong real good buzz about it so I'm very hopeful its a big success.
Good luck to Nick and the team because I also want to see what on earth they can come up with next.

Last edited by Rip73; 01-30-2013 at 10:06 AM..
Old 01-30-2013, 10:00 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I signed up for the beta for this but never received a copy of the game til it was about to be released and i played it a bit but wasnt able to send in my share of comments and suggestions, and for that i am sorry.

Anyways, this game is instabuy for me. The last few racers i've bought we're all disappointments, and i know this one has tons of challenges that'll keep me busy. Now on to racing!!!

Well... in a few hours.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:04 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Oh man this game looks amazing. Can't wait to buy it this evening!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:09 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I signed up for the beta for this but never received a copy of the game til it was about to be released and i played it a bit but wasnt able to send in my share of comments and suggestions, and for that i am sorry.

Anyways, this game is instabuy for me. The last few racers i've bought we're all disappointments, and i know this one has tons of challenges that'll keep me busy. Now on to racing!!!

Well... in a few hours.
If you add it to favourite in your sig, I'm sure all will be forgiven.
How did you find the gameplay?
The fun factor is what would be key in my mind.

Still an instabuy as well, but I'd be curious what you thought.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:28 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip73 View Post
It is a slightly odd situation that there is little activity all right but it has been a relatively low key launch so far.
But all the coverage its got has been extremely positive and there are certain sites that are definitely behind it in a big way. I also hope that is reflected in its success. You gotta root for the independents even more so.
The visual quite simply look astounding and despite not playing it yet (about 8 more hours to go where I am), it looks like it could only be a lot of fun.
Plus there's no way it can't be Apples featured app of the week, it simply has to be. I haven't seen anything else so far this week that could compete with it.
Anyway, there's a very strong real good buzz about it so I'm very hopeful its a big success.
Good luck to Nick and the team because I also want to see what on earth they can come up with next.
I completely agree, the iPad needs more thoroughly polished independent apps, I am surprised by how much time I spend gaming on my iPad compared to my consoles and PC.

Very surprised that TouchArcade haven't had a big feature about this title. I think I am more hyped for this than Real Racing 3.

I find it strange that I get so excited for apps these days. I will definitely be sitting up until midnight tonight!
Old 01-30-2013, 01:09 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Hi Guys!! We're here out of the "Upoming" thread. Just to clarify on the enhance for iphone 5 comment at the topin the description.....

iPad2, iPad Mini, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPod 5th gen and iPad 4th all get normal mapping and bloom lighting. And look rather sweet

AMA, I'll answer what I can