Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-30-2013, 07:28 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
I know some people will say this isn't a "proper game..." But then, you can just look smug and feel superiour to them.
Well sure, but if it really isn't a game then that's nothing but misplaced smugness. Like a 14 year-old emo poet who knows more about broken hearts than you and I.

So who's actually gonna tell me what this is about? If its central goal is to inspire me then it can go nail itself inside a coffin with the dark poetry. I came here looking for games.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Well sure, but if it really isn't a game then that's nothing but misplaced smugness. Like a 14 year-old emo poet who knows more about broken hearts than you and I.

So who's actually gonna tell me what this is about? If its central goal is to inspire me then it can go nail itself inside a coffin with the dark poetry. I came here looking for games.
Then it seems you will not like it. It's a port from XBox or PSN I can't remember which so I am sure you can find out info about that version. But what I have heard there is gameplay but there is mostly experience. I for one am looking forward to it being available on my store.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:05 AM
iPad mini

Save from the fact that it has received very mixed reviews on Nintendo WiiU, I don't know an awful lot about Little Inferno. That being said, it is of course from the creators of World of Goo, in collaboration with the guys who brought Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure to DS. Now that's quite a team, so I'll grab this tonight for sure. While I'm obviously not expecting World of Goo levels of awesomeness, I still have high(ish) expectations all the same.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:14 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Wonder why iPad 2+
Old 01-30-2013, 09:16 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
How do you read an app description like that and not just scream out "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY"?
Easy...because there are coins. I am SICK TO DEATH OF COINS! What, am I trapped in Mario World?

damn ios games and coins.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:42 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

This game is actually a lot of fun. I've played it a bit on the WiiU and if you liked the humor in World of Goo, then you should like this. The coins in the game are not hard to obtain and you get coins from everything you burn. There is a huge list of combos you can get by burning things together (100 in all, I believe) If your looking for an in depth puzzler, look elsewhere, but that is not a slam on this game at all. This is more about humor than anything else. The grinding you go through to get coins is not even seen as a chore because you look forward to unlocking the next thing to see how it reacts in the inferno. I would recommend this title to anyone who has a good sense of humor.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:42 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I've not played the game, but in this year's IGF awards, it has been nominated for Technical Excellence and also the Nuovo Award and Seumas McNally Grand Prize. Also gotten honorable mentions in both Excellence In Design and Excellence In Audio. There are lots of reviews to read from, just to get an idea of the game.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:45 AM

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 01-30-2013, 11:04 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Great visual and sound effects, not for the faint hearted, and there's even a story back there. Cool game.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:49 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Can't wait for this to hit the US app store. I have a feeling this will be perfeccct.