Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-30-2013, 05:04 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prhaber View Post
Sorry - I know $4.99 is good value for a quality, console-like game, but this game just looks to me more like the 99c type games on the AppStore - which is not to say that it's badly made or rushed or anything, just a quick pick up and p,ay type game - most of which come out at 99c/69p.

But then I'm still a bit confused as to where the gameplay is in this - apart from just watching various things burn. I'm hoping to be proven wrong...
Well, I've just had 20 minutes with the game (refused to watch past 30 seconds of Sanuku's video) and well...you're gonna be disappointed. There really isn't any "gameplay" (other than guessing combos) and you indeed do watch as things burn.

And yet, here it is...my "Game of the Week". Shockingly beautiful. Mesmerizing. Mysterious. I love it. I could probably sit here all week long listening to the gentle crackle of things as they burn. Except for batteries of course.

Last edited by metalcasket; 01-30-2013 at 05:07 PM..
Old 01-30-2013, 05:21 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Now I'm just torn. I'd rather spend money on something with gameplay, but I do love fire. I suppose I could get SlotZ Racer 2 and burn something on my desk while I play

Last edited by MidianGTX; 01-30-2013 at 05:27 PM..
Old 01-30-2013, 05:31 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prhaber View Post
Sorry - I know $4.99 is good value for a quality, console-like game, but this game just looks to me more like the 99c type games on the AppStore - which is not to say that it's badly made or rushed or anything, just a quick pick up and p,ay type game - most of which come out at 99c/69p.

But then I'm still a bit confused as to where the gameplay is in this - apart from just watching various things burn. I'm hoping to be proven wrong...
Some things don't fit in a category. This is a console/Wii U game and carries that price. Actually, it's 1/3rd the price it was on the Wii ($15) and we are getting a stupidly awesome deal. Even on the steam sale, it's $10.

This isn't a $0.99 game. Look at the quickly produced dollar games out there, this is well more than that. For example, many console games at $60 are only 5 hours long, does that make then poor games? Not in any way. World of goo was $10 when it launched and was a more defined and clear game, with more play time... But it's a different game with different gameplay and it's just... Different.

I don't know how to explain it. The whole "meh it's only worth a dollar". It just really frustrates me, no one says this stuff about the same games in any other game store. The App Store mentality needs to change, or these games will cease to exist.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:32 PM

A beautiful game. Can't believe its 3.99 when I paid 12.99 on Wii U for it

Play the game with headphones people. The interesting story bits come from your interactions with those you can't see. (Don't want to give any spoilers).
Old 01-30-2013, 05:34 PM

I've been watching Sanuku's video for 15 minutes and feel just as lost.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:43 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
I've been watching Sanuku's video for 15 minutes and feel just as lost.
It's easy, you burn stuff. it stops people like me from setting fire to my home
Can't wait, only 15mins to go.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:56 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

My initial impressions may have been a little bit off. There's something very dark, disturbing and twisted here. *grins*
Old 01-30-2013, 05:56 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
If the pc version is any indication it really is. The game, despite its simple look is quite beautiful and is oozing with charm. The gameplay is more than peculiar but reflects on our society and the way we live. It's also brutally bleak.

Treat that as an experience more than a game and prepare to be amazed
Great to hear! I love it when a developer goes out of their way to not only create a game, but also an unforgettable experience. Games like Sword and Sworcery and The Walking Dead are perfect examples of that. There's more to games than just the core gameplay. If a game can make me feel a certain way or think a certain way, then the developers have done a phenomenal job, and that's definitely what I'm expecting from Little Inferno.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:04 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Personally I think we need a new word to describe games that aren't big on gameplay. They split the community to the extent that they're clearly not the same kind of thing. Somebody who loves games can quite easily find nothing of value in them. Not that I hate them period, but I'm in a different mindset when I buy and play them.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
How do you read an app description like that and not just scream out "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY"?
Oh let me try lemme try lemmetry!

I. Dont. Ipad!

See, not so hard :-P