Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-30-2013, 07:19 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Okay okay, I guess I snapped at this a little hastily. I stand by what I said about the differences between games and "experiences", but whatever you call this thing, it's hella relaxing. I wouldn't recommend it specifically to gamers, but I would recommend it to people in general. It's charming and by God I love burning things.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Okay okay, I guess I snapped at this a little hastily. I stand by what I said about the differences between games and "experiences", but whatever you call this thing, it's hella relaxing. I wouldn't recommend it specifically to gamers, but I would recommend it to people in general. It's charming and by God I love burning things.
You were a little harsh on your first post in this thread! Glad it worked out though
Old 01-30-2013, 07:43 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I shouldn't come here so soon after waking up, I'm always cranky. I blame my iPad for being so portable and fast to connect with, back in the days when I had to use a PC I couldn't even be bothered turning it on until the evening.

Just got an update for this already, I think that's some kind of speed record. Minor tweaks.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:34 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I'm really excited to play this finally. I held out when it orginally came out and when it was released on ths Wii U because I knew it was inevitably coming to the iPad soon. Can't wait, only about another 30 mins
Old 01-30-2013, 11:40 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball926 View Post
I'm really excited to play this finally. I held out when it orginally came out and when it was released on ths Wii U because I knew it was inevitably coming to the iPad soon. Can't wait, only about another 30 mins
I actually almost bought it on the WiiU because I need something to play on it and the game is on sale for $10. I had no idea this was coming to iOS for half that price.

Good stuff.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:08 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Send a message via AIM to LN3000 Send a message via MSN to LN3000 Send a message via Yahoo to LN3000 Send a message via Skype™ to LN3000

If you liked World of Goo, get this.
If you value charm, quirkiness, and have an open mind, get this.
If you like new things, and want to support developers creating things that make you think outside the box, get this.

I've purchased this game for WiiU, Steam (Windows/Mac), and now iPad.
and I feel it's worth it.

Very happy to see it show up on iOS a lot sooner than I expected.

I originally bought this game simply because I love World of Goo, and trust the developers to create something that makes me happy. They did a great job keeping "What is Little Inferno?" a secret up to release.
If you have to ask, and can't accept "It's hard to explain. Basically you burn things. But it's more than that. Trust me, and check it out." as an answer, then it's probably not for you.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I shall give you one example of how

Is this one of those really short and arty "experiences" like Journey and Flower, or is there actual gameplay involved? Is there any reason to replay it once you've finished or is it suddenly rendered pointless once you know how the story ends?
If its anything like Flower or Journey, count me in.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:31 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Picked this up. Very excited to check it out. I have no idea what to expect, but I know I'm going to like it.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:16 AM

My earlier doubts were unfounded. So far this is a superb experience that is very much more than the sum of its parts. A superb fire mechanic with very stylish graphics and a real feel of atmosphere and 'something going on'. Brilliant and well worth the 2.99 asking price
Old 01-31-2013, 01:29 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I see that this has Game Center integration. Does it have achievements?