★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: another one of those "what should I get" threads..

12-04-2008, 04:17 AM
Send a message via MSN to Paulio
another one of those "what should I get" threads..

Hey guys, sorry to start another one of these and they probably have been done to death, but I want another game (a good one) and one that will go with _my_ collection, but I only have enough to get a $1 title.. so what do you recommend?

My favourite atm would be:
*touch grind
*Bike of Die 2 (although it's way too jelly car like, it's still pretty awesome. A lot of game in it)
*Real Football 09
*Scoops
*Enigmo, and I guess most of the pangea games, though I don't really play them much. I just got em cos of their great prices. They're alrite tho.

Anyways, that's just most of the ones I use on a daily basis, and I would like another one to add to my game page, and hopefully one that will wear the screen out by me opening it all the time. So what do you recommend?
Free games I wouldn't mind also, as long as they don't suck.
Also feel free to mention your top ones that are above the price as I will be able to spend more a bit later.
Thanks and I hope you guys have some good suggestions. Sorry for another one of these most likely annoying threads.
12-04-2008, 04:36 AM
Flick Fishing. Without a second thought.

Currently Playing: N.O.V.A, Skater Nation, 33rd Division, 7 Cities, Karnival.
Looking Forward to: GTA: Chinatown Wars, Ravensword (update), 1112 ep 02 and yeah the hangover on 1st

12-04-2008, 04:38 AM
thanks for the speedy response!
I already have iFishing lite, and I know it's a lot worse, but I guess I'm just not a fisherman. Havn't tried the update yet, I might actually catch a fish! any other ides tho?
12-04-2008, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulio View Post
thanks for the speedy response!
I already have iFishing lite, and I know it's a lot worse, but I guess I'm just not a fisherman. Havn't tried the update yet, I might actually catch a fish! any other ides tho?
I was also very much in doubt before buying a Fishing game because i also ain't much of a Fisher. But it is entertaining and the new quest mode will take a little while to beat. So u get a Long game + Fun gameplay for $1

also u can check out zombie attack a unique tower defense game and the update has made it a lot better.

Both games are entertaining and are well made. I am not really a fan of Puzzle games so i can't recommend you any of those.

Currently Playing: N.O.V.A, Skater Nation, 33rd Division, 7 Cities, Karnival.
Looking Forward to: GTA: Chinatown Wars, Ravensword (update), 1112 ep 02 and yeah the hangover on 1st
12-04-2008, 04:48 AM
Do you have 2079? Awesome $.99 game.
12-04-2008, 04:59 AM
well, Firstly, my experience with TDs and fishing games on the touch havn't probably havn't got off to a very good start so I'm a bit reluctant to buy games in these categories. And I know it's not much, but I don't see it as money anymore, but I consider it to be 'App Credits' and I only have a cheap one left for hopefully less than a month and I want to spend it really well :P!
2079 looks pretty cool, I should have got it when it was free! damn! but oh well.
I'll consider these titles, thanks for suggesting them.

I was actually thinking about buying topple.. Has anyone had good/bad experience with this game. I guess I'm a bit of a tetris guy (clocked in 1.5mil at freetetris.org !) so it looks kind of appealing to me. But is it actually a good game?
12-04-2008, 05:00 AM
Blue Skies. Awesome game, nuff' said.
12-04-2008, 05:02 AM
Hey, if Crapgea still has all their games on sale then you should definitely want to look there. Bugdom2 or Enigmo are great. Also, don't make threads like these again. We must put a stop to this virus...

^Ha! You put the apostrophy in the wrong place...
12-04-2008, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everydaynormalguy View Post
^Ha! You put the apostrophy in the wrong place...
Yeah you caught me, English is not my native language.
And you would think that I would edit my post to not look stupid but no I'm too lazy right now...

edit: I think he already got the Crapgea (nice touch btw) games.

Last edited by Chiller ONE; 12-04-2008 at 05:09 AM.
12-04-2008, 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiller ONE View Post
Yeah you caught me, English is not my native language.
And you would think that I would edit my post to not look stupid but no I'm too lazy right now...
Ha! Then why are you writing in English? Also, check out my location, it's awesome. And Bugdom2 is definitely worth more than a dollar...