★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "There are times during the game where it feels truly great"
- Touch Arcade

"It's an entertaining, thoughtfully put together game of cat, mouse, architect, adventurer, and all manner of other roles"
- Pocket Gamer

"Its challenging, colorful, and built perfectly for a mobile game"
- Gamezebo

In this innovative puzzle RPG, build a path of tiles to escape each successive cycle of your dreamscape. A cycle gets more dangerous the longer you stay, so plan your route carefully, and make the most of the challenges and opportunities you meet along the way.

Place tiles to boost your attack and defence, defeat enemies to level up your character, and upgrade the right perks to stay safe as your enemies grow stronger. Take a detour off the direct pathway to discover the items that may give you an edge, but watch out for the powerful special enemies that grow more frequent as you near the exit - if left untended, their unique abilities will quickly spell your doom.

- 25+ upgradeable perks augment and focus your strategy
- 150+ items to collect and boost your stats
- 110+ special enemies to encounter and overcome
- 80+ one-off events to choose from for a temporary boost
- 50 achievements to earn
- Unlock more enemies, events and cosmetics over multiple playthroughs

metalcasket's comments:

I Keep Having This Dream

Fireflame Games
Genres: Games Role-Playing Puzzle
USD💩1.99 USD

Quote:
In this innovative puzzle RPG, build a path of tiles to escape each successive cycle of your dreamscape. A cycle gets more dangerous the longer you stay, so plan your route carefully, and make the most of the challenges and opportunities you meet along the way.

Place tiles to boost your attack and defence, defeat enemies to level up your character, and upgrade the right perks to stay safe as your enemies grow stronger. Take a detour off the direct pathway to discover the items that may give you an edge, but watch out for the powerful special enemies that grow more frequent as you near the exit - if left untended, their unique abilities will quickly spell your doom.

- 25+ upgradeable perks augment and focus your strategy
- 150+ items to collect and boost your stats
- 100+ special enemies to encounter and overcome
- 80+ one-off events to choose from for a temporary boost
- Unlock more enemies, events and cosmetics over multiple playthroughs

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPhone4
  • iPodTouchFourthGen
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 6.0

Download Size: 84.3MB

Oh and yes, this is by Fireflame of Dungeon Raid fame!!! (Thanks raravan)
02-22-2016, 07:27 AM
Huh. This looks interesting. May have to give it a go.

02-22-2016, 07:27 AM
Yet again, a simple idea executed to absolute perfection by an incredible, incredible developer. It puts the biggest smile on my face knowing Fireflame didn't turn out to be a one-hit-wonder.

There's so much hidden depth to this game and I have to be running off, but hopefully this little nudge from myself will allow the impressions to pour in.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
02-22-2016, 07:29 AM
Omg they are back! Insta buy!
02-22-2016, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Yet again, a simple idea executed to absolute perfection by an incredible, incredible developer. It puts the biggest smile on my face knowing Fireflame didn't turn out to be a one-hit-wonder.

There's so much hidden depth to this game and I have to be running off, but hopefully this little nudge from myself will allow the impressions to pour in.
Just bought. I got into Dungeon Raid reaaaaallly late and kicked myself for that, so going in early this time. Glad they kept to their premium roots with no IAP.
02-22-2016, 07:39 AM
I Keep Having This Dream (by Fireflame Games)

Just played a few minutes at lunch, feels like a mix of Carcassonne and not quite sure what else. Still in the middle of my first game, have to go back to work, but looks interesting so far.

And it saves mid-game!

Last edited by pjft; 02-22-2016 at 08:10 AM.
02-22-2016, 09:08 AM
Firedflame is alive!! That also explains the Dungeon Raid price drop.
Maybe there will be an update for that game after all???
02-22-2016, 09:13 AM
Omg! Fireflame lives! Awesome game so far! Will we be getting a new update to the greatest March 3 puzzle game Dungeon Raid?
02-22-2016, 09:30 AM
So, back on track for the thread:

I finished the first game (by "finished" I mean I died). It was interesting, definitely. A few notes, then.
- In terms of gameplay, the best I can describe is, indeed, something like Carcassone (the board game), where each tile you place has specific attributes, presenting opportunities (i.e. stat bonuses) or challenges (i.e. enemies). Some tiles in your hand have passive effects (i.e. they will affect you as long as they're in your hand), while others will only have an effect when they're played.
- It carries a lot of similarities to Dungeon Raid in terms of the skill and stats progression, as well as the difficulty ramp up. In the beginning you're kind of wandering around, but after a while you'll be pretty much overwhelmed. That was fun. Also, the perk, stat and item upgrades work in a way that's quite similar to Dungeon Raid.
- It doesn't feel as "puzzley" as Dungeon Raid, at least from a first impression, but more tactical as the gameplay is a lot about tile placement. Dungeon Raid had the immediate tactile feeling of drawing lines and making the longest/most effective selection at each point in time.
- I suspect it does not have an end, as Dungeon Raid, but I have no way to confirm that - nor anything that would actually effectively suggest that.
- It saves mid-game, which is excellent for me, since I do not have a lot of time to play in one fell swoop at the moment.
- The tutorial is somewhat sufficient, I guess, though the role of some items and enemies are unclear and confusing. I expect this to become clearer as I play, or as I read more here in the forums But some things like the "Caution" tiles, the Nemesis itself and its dynamics (namely the yellow drops it picks up and I seem to get the stats for?) are still unclear to me.

Well, that's it so far.

It is fun, definitely, and I'm intrigued enough to want to play more, for sure. I wonder if there are more "classes" to be unlocked, similar to what ended up becoming of Dungeon Raid after a few updates (yes, unless memory is tricking me, it actually launched without any classes whatsoever ).

As metalcasket said, I hope this nudge helps others to try it out, share their impressions and keep the conversation going!
02-22-2016, 09:36 AM
Wow there's so much complexity to this game. Still have a lot to learn. But here's my first go at it if anyone wants to see what it's like. I'm learning and I think my current game is going a lot better.

Edit: Lol and by a lot, I mean I lasted 3 more turns. Oops! :P

Last edited by AppUnwrapper; 02-22-2016 at 09:42 AM.