Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-30-2013, 03:34 PM

Still play the first game from time to time. Will be grabbing this asap later tonight. Fun game.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:48 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

How does this look on retina iPads? I just downloaded the Caterham special to find out what this was all about and it's surprisingly fun. I don't know how I missed these games but I'm predicting a lot of time spent with SR2
Old 01-30-2013, 03:54 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I don't know how I missed these games but I'm predicting a lot of time spent with SR2
It's been crazy fun since the original SlotZ Racer - used to play it before meetings several years ago (like when F.A.S.T. and Flight Control were new! )

Still play the original quite a bit in 2X glory with my wife and daughter, I've been looking for a proper update to SlotZ for some time. No other slot car game has come close to the 'feel' of this one.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brerlappin View Post
Just curious if it contains all the content from the Caterham Special version? Thanks!
All the content and a lot more

SR Caterham Special was a cut down version using an updated variant of SlotZ Racer 1's engine with a set of Caterhams in it.

SlotZ Racer 2 is the full version of the game, with a new graphics engine and all the tracks (plus editor and track manager) rather than just a small set and more cars.

In SlotZ Racer 2 the Caterhams are all in the Caterham Pack, which is IAP, but you get even more of them, including the awesome SP/300.R, their new track car. The Car editor is a lot more advanced than the one in Caterham Special too.

So essentially SR Caterham Special is a sort of SlotZ Racer 1.5 Lite promo for Caterham.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:24 PM
In Time-Out
iPhone 4S

What's the size of this game installed?
Old 01-30-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
What's the size of this game installed?
just over 46mb plus whatever tracks you generate (about 1k each) or car skins you download through the bonus unlocks, such as liking certain pages on Facebook (about 130k each).

So if you should be able to download it without WiFi.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:04 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I'm enjoying this already. I can't quite work out which view I prefer and part of me would be interested to see if the textures could be pushed higher, but for the most part it looks good on my iPad. Now I just have to learn about the more subtle intricacies of racing and start earning those points.

I think the ideal view for me would be Fixed, but zoomed in a little more with smooth left-right panning as needed. Right now I want to use it, but it's just a little too far out.

Last edited by MidianGTX; 01-30-2013 at 07:07 PM..
Old 01-30-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I'm enjoying this already. I can't quite work out which view I prefer and part of me would be interested to see if the textures could be pushed higher, but for the most part it looks good on my iPad. Now I just have to learn about the more subtle intricacies of racing and start earning those points.
The first trick to learn is feathering the throttle around the corners. If you tap the throttle on/off instead of just letting go to brake and then accelerating again when you're slow enough for the corner, you can maintain momentum around a corner and thus be faster when you exit. Of course you have to vary just how much on and off you tap depending on what speed you can get around the corner (it takes practice ).

When you win races btw, your chances of a decal unlocking depend on what difficulty mode you're in. So if you're in kids mode, it'll take you a lot more race wins to unlock the next decal than in Nnnarrgh mode.

btw. if you're creating your own tracks you set what position the camera is in for Fixed mode. So you can try out different angles/distances.

The camera's one area that I'm planning on doing more work on too, (being able to adjust the distance for the various camera modes is one of the features coming soon), so feel free to let me know if you have favourite camera modes or prefer particular angles etc.

Last edited by Zwilnik; 01-30-2013 at 07:13 PM..
Old 01-30-2013, 07:42 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

I'm digging all the dev's ideas here! I thought the first game was fine, and, now -- wow! Sounds excellent and a must buy or me! Thanks Zwilnik for the input!!
Old 01-31-2013, 02:51 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Downloaded last night bought the iap straight away and couldn't stop playing it for about an hour and a half until I went to sleep. Love this game.
The amount of options available to change the game to how you want it is really impressive.