★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Quantum Collapse 1.1 OUT!

07-03-2009, 03:00 PM
Quantum Collapse 1.1 OUT!

Hey everyone, update 1.1 went live a few minutes ago, here are the changes:

Skirmish mode:
- 11 skirmish maps
- You can choose the AI personality between Rusher, Turtler, Balanced and random.
- You can choose what Spell the AI will use or set it to random
- You can choose the difficulty of the AI

Selection triangle:
- using 3 fingers on screen

Group Assignment and Recall:
- through gestures (shown on video in www.quantumcollapse.com)

Others:
- You can jump through the map by tapping the minimap
- Performance increase
- Fixed typos
- Improved some of the cutscene drawings
- The UI buttons are now semi-transparent
- Fixed the text on the Main Menu buttons
- You can now download QC over the Cell Phone network.

What DIDN'T make it and it's already fixed in 1.2

- FOW glitches
- iPhone 3GS graphic Glitches

1.2 will come with Multiplayer supporting voice-chat (optional).

Last edited by JavierDavalos; 07-03-2009 at 03:06 PM.
07-03-2009, 04:36 PM
I still think there should be a single Hero throughout the campaign that you can level/learn skills. This will add more customization and depth, as well as diversity since you won't be using the same units most of the time, well except for the hero units that rarely come into play. It can also make each playthrough different when you have the ability to create unique Heroes with unique abilities. Well, maybe this is not important for for all, but I still hope there is a chance that this feature will eventually be in a good iDevice RTS game (hopefully in a port of Warcraft or Starcraft!)

Note: I know Rise of the Lost Empires has many Heroes, but that doesn't exactly look like a RTS game but a RPG with a slight RTS feel to it. And I heard it is very short, so I'm the fence about buying it even though the Lite version was fun to me (but again very easy and short!)

07-03-2009, 05:20 PM
Yeah the lines are still there on 1.1

But blame apple!, they are the ones taking forever to approve updates.
07-03-2009, 06:33 PM
Just got my QC update! Thanks Javier and Apple. Javier and all, have a good July 4th.

btw. Keep up the great work.

Helvetica will treat you good if you take time to understand her.
07-03-2009, 06:40 PM
got it, thanks man. now i'll finally finish this game up
07-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaganomics View Post
Just got my QC update! Thanks Javier and Apple. Javier and all, have a good July 4th.

btw. Keep up the great work.
I'm crossing my fingers that the savegames still work, i was really careful trying to keep compatibility!
07-03-2009, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbosa View Post
I still think there should be a single Hero throughout the campaign that you can level/learn skills. This will add more customization and depth, as well as diversity since you won't be using the same units most of the time, well except for the hero units that rarely come into play. It can also make each playthrough different when you have the ability to create unique Heroes with unique abilities. Well, maybe this is not important for for all, but I still hope there is a chance that this feature will eventually be in a good iDevice RTS game (hopefully in a port of Warcraft or Starcraft!)

Note: I know Rise of the Lost Empires has many Heroes, but that doesn't exactly look like a RTS game but a RPG with a slight RTS feel to it. And I heard it is very short, so I'm the fence about buying it even though the Lite version was fun to me (but again very easy and short!)
I totally agree that there should be a Hero! Javier, can you include one in QC? And are you going to include a Hero in your next RTS game?
07-03-2009, 06:53 PM
But there are two heroes in the game already!. The only thing they don't have is a leveling up system. You can't play with heroes in every level but probably 40% of them have heroes.
07-03-2009, 09:04 PM
what they want is a hero for skirmish and multiaplayer mode, like warcraft 3.

Personally i don't like the hero concept, but everyone has different tastes. I feel it takes away from the army experience because people will focus more on the hero than on the army. I rather have the massive hero-less army. There already is a hero in the game...me! :P

Besides, you know how much work Javier would have to go through to include that? Updates can change a game, true, but your asking him to pretty much do a overhaul and redesign the concept, not just changing variables. It's hard enough for big companies to do that, can you imagine for one person, even a hard worker like Javier?

Quote:
Here's my opinion of 1.1
1 word:

...wow...

-Game is a bit smoother

-control grouping is so much fun, more than i expected it to be. I spend 5 minutes just constantly grouping and regrouping

-normal mode ai is smarter than i expected (only one tested so far)

-buttons and units feel more responsive.

This patch really brought the game to a whole new level of replayability.

For me this patch was good enough to make the game worth those 4$ i spent (which i was regretting with version 1.0, before hearing about the upcoming changes).

This 1 patch made the game better many times over.

I still feel the need for a faster gatherer, but as i mentioned on the other thread, you could keep the gatherers at this speed when multiplayer finally is out, and then decide after the reviews (whether they are ok with the gatherer speed or not).

I would like to see the xeron to be placed closer to the main hall, or a buildable resource gathering center.

All this stuff and more is listed in the 1.2 update thread, so i'm just going to post my suggestions there.
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=17539 This is the thread, for those of you who have not seen it yet and wish to add suggestions.

Anyone beat it on normal or hard mode yet? I played 1 game vs normal on level 10 (all air map), and the computer almost had me because i was over confident and didn't build any turrets. While he was hitting my air factories i built 3 turrets and rallied my fliers behind them, so i managed to stop the enemy advancement.

I tried my usual campaign strategy for the last few levels: just building 700$ air units...that doesn't work vs normal ai, because his variety of units is enough to take those slow suckers down. I lost my first wave of 12 or 15 700$ fliers, in fact. So built an army with some 6-8 of each air unit, attacked some of the enemy gatherers, had the enemy overwhelming fleet follow me to my turrets, let the turrets kill them, and then kill the hq and i won. Lasted about 30 minutes. This was my first skirmish battle.

Probably going to record a game and post it on youtube tonight, just for fun. Going to try a land map vs normal and then vs hard.

Anyone want to share their first skirmish battle experience?
07-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Gimme a 5 star review on itunes and i'll increase the speed a little bit in 1.2 hehehe

Yes the AI got a little smarter. and Rusher and Turtler modes are really different. Both with heavy weaknesses and strengths. If you don't know beforehand what strategy the AI will have it's a true challenge.

Last edited by JavierDavalos; 07-03-2009 at 09:49 PM.