★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: TYRIAN 1.04 is OUT!

07-03-2009, 04:48 PM
TYRIAN 1.04 is OUT!

1.04 update fixes the weapons upgrade bug in the story mode.

AppStore Link:Tyrian $1.99

One of the best arcade vertical shooters from the DOS era is now available on your iPhone!

"Action Game of The Year" by Computer Gaming Magazine (1995).
"4 out 5 stars" by Next Generation magazine.
"87 out 100" by PC Gamer magazine review.

The story is set in 20,031 where you play as Trent Hawkins, a skilled fighter-pilot employed to fight Microsol
and save the galaxy.

The iPhone version features:
- Full Story & Arcade modes
- 4 Episodes: "Escape", "Treachery", "Mission: Suicide" & "An End to Fate"
- 50+ levels
- 7 difficulty levels
- Sofisticated weapon upgrade system with hundreds of weapon combinations to chose from
- Support for cheat codes, secret game modes, easter eggs, etc.
- 30+ music soundtracks by Alexander Brandon with a Jukebox.

Tyrian Support Site (http://www.mobilainteractive.com/tyrian/)

Last edited by mobilainteractive; 07-03-2009 at 05:08 PM.
07-04-2009, 07:28 AM
Still no post on this topic?
Tyrian is great, i love this game and the iphone version does it justice i think. Now with the bugfix for the upgrades the story mode (which is the one that really makes the game) is fully functional. There are so many ways to upgrade your ship, the levels are all very diversified and the music is great too.
I also don't have any problems with the controls, holding the iphone with the left hand and using the left thumb for the weapons, the right thumb (or any other finger) to steer the ship works really good for me. I'm playing the game on "slow", since i somhow feel that the game is faster than it was on the pc (even the music plays faster?), but maybe thats just me getting old

The whole game is much more fun to me than ifighter, siberian strike or star trek. "Just one more level to buy this upgrade" Another reason may be the regenerating shields (that you can upgrade too of course), that makes getting hit by one of the thousands of bullets more forgiving. I cant stay the damage system in siberian strike, i'm unable to dodge all these tiny bullets and with the health not really regenerating...

Here some more screenshots of the early stages of the game:

For 1,59€ (1,99€) i really just can recommend the game. Maybe you (the dev) should think about a lite version with the first few levels, so the people can see themself what they are missing.

P.s.: Even the cheats for the pc version work on iphone

07-04-2009, 08:13 AM
This games hard, stuck on like the 3rd or 4th level, savanah.... on EASY! xD It's really fun though.

No Sig
07-04-2009, 11:02 AM
@zrgrvsh: the lite version for some strange reason got regected by appstore, but we are working on resolving that... Not just the cheats work.. Try setting your device's date to X-Mass ;-)
@falloutmike: you got very long way to go: ~47 more levels :-).. if you think "easy" is hard, try playing on "LORD of GAME"
07-04-2009, 11:08 AM
tough game really cool
07-04-2009, 11:09 AM
Heck ya, it's a fun game. Thnx for the update guys. My money for this game was well spent.

Helvetica will treat you good if you take time to understand her.
07-04-2009, 01:06 PM
Loving this game. I am deep into episode 2 on medium and I just got the carrot ship woot

If you are having trouble with the game here are some tips.

-If your shields are low it sometimes helps to stop firing for a second so they can recharge (Your generator powers both your shield and weapons and often needs upgrading)
-Make sure you are upgrading your front and rear weapons' power level
-pressing the bottom left section of the screen changes the firing mode of your rear weapon and this can be helpful in many situations