★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

(Synthesizer) SP-909 is free again.

01-31-2013, 12:04 PM
(Synthesizer) SP-909 is free again.

Ya know, there is no single site dedicated to iOS music creation and apps anywhere near as comprehensive as TA is with iOS gaming. You have to follow a whole bunch of blogs and sites to find out whats what.

01-31-2013, 12:11 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Ya know, there is no single site dedicated to iOS music creation and apps anywhere near as comprehensive as TA is with iOS gaming. You have to follow a whole bunch of blogs and sites to find out whats what.
You should totally start one up! Google blogger's free - and if you want an actual .com address it's only something like $14 for a year.

01-31-2013, 01:28 PM
I'll check the app out.
01-31-2013, 01:35 PM
Pretty sweet little app here. Thanks for the heads up, Greyskull!

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.
01-31-2013, 01:38 PM
DeVito here! This is an amazing app, it reminds me of my electronic art rock band, 'DeVitoka'.
01-31-2013, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny DeVito View Post
DeVito here! This is an amazing app, it reminds me of my electronic art rock band, 'DeVitoka'.
Uhhh... Trying to disguise an advert as a comment? Lol. How does an app remind you of a band... Doesn't make sense.

Anyway, I just downloaded it, I'll check it out then review. And Greyskull, if you decide to make a site, I want in
01-31-2013, 04:43 PM
You mean a sound community? maybe there could be a forum here in TA?

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!
01-31-2013, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EfratBarTal View Post
You mean a sound community? maybe there could be a forum here in TA?
It's been suggested many times before, but nothing has been done about it. Unfortunately I don't think it will. I mean in all fairness it IS TouchArcade... So you can't blame them.
02-01-2013, 11:41 AM
Darn, missed it again.

I've been looking for decent music app blogs/sites ever since getting an iPhone in '08. The PalmSounds blog is pretty nifty but its not iOS specific and isn't that great at reporting freebies or anything like that.. I'd definitely be interested in an iOS specific site or blog for music creation apps and sound toys... I've thought about starting one myself but honestly my technical knowledge of music tools is very limited.. I wouldn't be a good reporter on that.

As an aside, I'm about to post a price drop thread for a neat little music app/game called Zen Catalyst, go check that out.
02-01-2013, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the heads up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamseamonster View Post
Darn, missed it again.

I've been looking for decent music app blogs/sites ever since getting an iPhone in '08. The PalmSounds blog is pretty nifty but its not iOS specific and isn't that great at reporting freebies or anything like that.. I'd definitely be interested in an iOS specific site or blog for music creation apps and sound toys... I've thought about starting one myself but honestly my technical knowledge of music tools is very limited.. I wouldn't be a good reporter on that.
http://www.discchord.com/ and http://www.idesignsound.com/ are two more really good iOS specific sites. Palmsounds is really good obviously, it is the original after all. But damn that site bogs down both my iPad and PC, plus the comments sections are always dead cos he started moderating the comments (and its not strictly iOS only as you said).

Soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/chris1a-1
Audiobombs (presets and templates for iOS synths):
https://www.audiobombs.com/users/ChrisG