Advertising in Newspapers?

02-24-2013, 06:52 PM
Advertising in Newspapers?

Hey guys,

I'm going through my giant list of marketing sites and I have several newspapers listed (mostly in the UK).

Have any of you advertised in a local (or not so local) newspaper? If so, was it effective? Was it more like a game review or a local fluff piece about your studio or game? Did you pay for an ad or was it an interview?

Thanks!

Squink Games
Fun, educational entertainment for kids!
~ Email ~ Twitter ~ FB ~ G+ ~
02-24-2013, 10:30 PM
We have our Sudoku rival called Str8ts in many papers around the world. When a new paper launches Str8ts we get about 10 to 15 sales a day for that country. After the first week it dwindles down to 5. That should give you a good indication that the two mediums don't mesh well.

STR8TS , STR8TS 6X6 , DOMINO DICE , PUZZLE DICE,
CAVEMAN TEST, 1 TO 25, SUDOKU+STR8TS, ZARTE, ABSORB WATER, YOU, TIME SHEET (PHOTO VERIFIED),Office Alarm, Travel weather, dock clock,
02-24-2013, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicated Puzzles View Post
We have our Sudoku rival called Str8ts in many papers around the world. When a new paper launches Str8ts we get about 10 to 15 sales a day for that country. After the first week it dwindles down to 5. That should give you a good indication that the two mediums don't mesh well.
Thanks for the response, Syndicated Puzzles!

Squink Games
Fun, educational entertainment for kids!
~ Email ~ Twitter ~ FB ~ G+ ~