★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Saucelifter 1.3 - Heavy Disc (now Universal)

07-03-2009, 07:19 PM
Saucelifter 1.3 - Heavy Disc (now Universal)

The latest update of Saucelifter has gone live! Here's a little peak at what you might see in this version...

Hmm. That saucer looks... different

Frickin' LAZUR beam!

Lots of new action in this update... have fun!

Madgarden aka Paul Pridham -- Code, sound, pixels: Death Road to Canada, PUNCH QUEST with rocketcat games, EGGNOGG, Chillaxian, GlitchMachine, Saucelifter, Sword of Fargoal... and more stuff on the way.
madgarden.net -- saucelifter.com -- glitchmachine.com -- fargoal.com forums -- madgarden@twitter
07-03-2009, 07:48 PM
Nice!

07-03-2009, 07:51 PM
Sweet!
07-08-2009, 12:30 AM
Glad to see they are still updating this. I love this game.. it's on my 'gonna be a long time before this deleted' page.

The art style reminds me so much of 'Out of this World'.. in fact, it's even right next to Flashback on my device!
07-08-2009, 12:48 AM
I tried the light version and really liked the graphics and sounds but the controls never got to me...
07-08-2009, 12:56 AM
Send a message via AIM to skamando
Ive finally got a chance to play this, and I'm glad that the changes
didn't dominate how the game played beforehand. I like the reptoids, and the new tower sucks to fight, but is still very awesome. Sadly, I haven't been able to use the new saucer. I keep entering the hanger, but it only gives me another sortie. I think it might be because I've been playing on easy though.

Any confirmation, Paul?

Also, when's your PC version gonna be made available?

By next week, I'm going to have a full fledged review of Saucelifter up on my blog.

If anyone is interested, it's in my link. Please check it out, I plan on posting
2-3 reviews a week. I may not be Albie, but I try.

Faves: Saucelifter, Westbang, Eliss, Edge, Tilt to Live, Mindwall, Radial 50, Super Quick Hook, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassone, Trainyard.
Playing: Super Mega Worm, Aqueduct, Monster Dash, FASTAR!, Shining Force, Frogatto, The Incident, Dark Nebula Ep. 2.
07-08-2009, 02:04 AM
I love this game and really appreciate the updates!

Favorites: The Creeps!, KarmaStar, Drop7
07-08-2009, 03:41 AM
Great game and thanks for the continued updates! I really appreciate the promo code when the game first came out. Still would like to please have the option for touch controls. It might take the challenge out of it, but how about two virtual "wheels" like the ones used in "Isotope" to control travel and firing directions? I think that'd work.
Thanks for a great game!
07-09-2009, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the reviews and feedback on 1.2!

skamando, yes, the reptoid saucer is only available in Normal+ modes. I'm going to try to get the PC version ready ASAP... probably next weekend or so.

gus1, I may still do a touch-controlled version for the next update(s), but I gotta get some new apps out of the way first.

Madgarden aka Paul Pridham -- Code, sound, pixels: Death Road to Canada, PUNCH QUEST with rocketcat games, EGGNOGG, Chillaxian, GlitchMachine, Saucelifter, Sword of Fargoal... and more stuff on the way.
madgarden.net -- saucelifter.com -- glitchmachine.com -- fargoal.com forums -- madgarden@twitter
07-09-2009, 04:46 PM
looks kewl