Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Old 01-29-2013, 03:48 PM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Default Marketing tips for an Indie

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to the whole being a Dev.

I launched my first app which is called Superhero Stickman.

Till now I had about 7k downloads which I think is not that bad.
Most of them about 2K the first time I set the PriceTrier to Free.

I tried it for a couple of times but never got that high again, like the first time.

I've been reading this forum for some days now and learned that I have to contact some Review sites to get more attention. What I was wondering about, the sites I contacted, are asking money for the reviews. Are they really worth spending it or not?

The other part is SocialMedia. I created a little Facebookpage for my game, which is not really working well so far. You can get some information about the game and like it, nothing special.

Any other ideas? Should users be able to post scores via facebook or twitter?
I'm from Germany, and the people I know don't really use such SocialMedia features. How about the US gamers?

I started working on a game Trailer but dont really know what to show, since the game is pretty simple, any advices?

Hope you can help out a little

Old 01-29-2013, 11:44 PM
Banned

There are free review sites too. Sites which do not take money for reviews will probably get into blacklist for you if you make an offer. You can go for free review request in popular sites like App Craver, App Store Apps, iPhone App Cafe
etc.,

Facebook advertising is one of the best ways to reach your targeted audience.Unless you have large fanbase on Facebook, the chances of your add getting the best reach is slim. Also choose the targeted market to pitch your app for related bloggers.

Last edited by Stephen Richard; 01-29-2013 at 11:47 PM..
Old 01-31-2013, 02:28 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I would suggest to pitch your app to review sites. Here's a massive list (170+):

http://maniacdev.com/2012/05/ios-app-review-sites/

Hope it helps!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:29 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

would you recommend buying reviews, facebook fans or twitter followers?
found something like that on fiverr but dont really know if thats trustworthy. does this even help? or should i take different offers where people are willing to post my app?
Old 02-01-2013, 01:50 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

None of that stuff will make any difference unless your app is something fantastic and people continually talk about it. I think the only chance most people have to get noticed is to spend thousands advertising on major websites that get a lot of traffic. The problem is there are so many apps and most people will never see that your app exists unless you get in their face somehow.

Reviews on the blog roll of small websites won't be seen enough to be effective. You get two days at the most on the main page.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil128 View Post
would you recommend buying reviews, facebook fans or twitter followers?
found something like that on fiverr but dont really know if thats trustworthy. does this even help? or should i take different offers where people are willing to post my app?
For me, i think you should try those gigs on fiverr, since they're only $5 a gig, and you can see whether it's working or not. I personally would try the buying review gigs.