Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-09-2012, 08:14 PM

Default Mission Select: Modules

Also, I don't think that I've shown this before anywhere else: this is working art for what a module will look like. Following the table-top game theme, each mission within the mission select will be represented as a book. I used to go to my local hobby shop as a kid (in a mall that was bulldozed long ago) and freak out while flipping through the racks of game modules...

Old 12-09-2012, 09:14 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedskull View Post
Also, I don't think that I've shown this before anywhere else: this is working art for what a module will look like. Following the table-top game theme, each mission within the mission select will be represented as a book. I used to go to my local hobby shop as a kid (in a mall that was bulldozed long ago) and freak out while flipping through the racks of game modules...
Love this! It's real fan service to those of us that like these types of games. Since the game is going to be handling stats and action sequence it will all be fantastic for new comers who want to try it but never did because if the overwhelming nature of the pen and paper RPGs.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:43 PM

Default GK Dice

Here's a photo of the actual GK dice that we have as a reward in our Kickstarter. We think they're pretty awesome looking. We're going to put one of them into the game, selectable as an option. It'll be photographic (like the current default red die that's already in there).

Old 12-19-2012, 06:26 PM

Default NEW GK:DB Walkthrough Video

We've just posted a video walkthrough of part of a current build of the game. It covers how you'll select and then customize a character, travel on the map and solve puzzles (the puzzle in the video is a proof of concept for more complicated puzzles).

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Since the video was made (this morning) we've polished up basic in-game combat and we're going to try to put together another video to show that off next.

Last edited by gildedskull; 12-21-2012 at 03:09 PM..
Old 12-19-2012, 07:05 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Send a message via AIM to amn624 Send a message via Skype™ to amn624
Default In!

I was in for $10 and am now in for $25. Lets keep this one alive, folks!
Old 12-27-2012, 08:05 PM

So now that its kickstarter campaign failed, what's next for Galactic Keep? It would be a shame if this wouldn't happen at some point. I mean the earlier the better.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:42 PM

Default Onward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fimb View Post
So now that its kickstarter campaign failed, what's next for Galactic Keep? It would be a shame if this wouldn't happen at some point. I mean the earlier the better.
In short: we're continuing development. We think that this game is worth it, even if it means that we're going to have to make some rather large personal and financial sacrifices.

Over the past weeks we have considered several other options, games, business directions...but we decided that we're going to continue to focus all of our time on Galactic Keep and we're going to make it the best possible game that we can make. We're putting all our eggs into one big intergalactic basket...

It's an awesome game that we've been working on for a very long time. We can't stop now.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:45 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedskull View Post
In short: we're continuing development. We think that this game is worth it, even if it means that we're going to have to make some rather large personal and financial sacrifices.

Over the past weeks we have considered several other options, games, business directions...but we decided that we're going to continue to focus all of our time on Galactic Keep and we're going to make it the best possible game that we can make. We're putting all our eggs into one big intergalactic basket...

It's an awesome game that we've been working on for a very long time. We can't stop now.
I can't imagine how that's going to suck for you guys in the short term, but I'm glad to hear it. I really hope this winds up being a big success for you all.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:53 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I understand the safety net of kickstarter is needed for the masses, as long as larger donations, but you should make some sort of pre order package anyhow,I'll give you 5$ up front. I'm sure someone else would as well, espically if there was a nice consolation prize if the world moves on faster than the game is done. Just an idea. I've been waiting a long time now, officially.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:13 PM

The upside is that Kickstarter helped us to get the word out, many more people know about the game now than two months ago. We got a lot of feedback on the game too, a few really great comments. I met some pretty amazing people through running the Kickstarter, some contacts may turn into new adventures.

We opened our minds to expanding the game to other platforms. For now we're focusing on the iOS release 100%...but after doing the legwork, we know what it will take to develop the game into a PC title and we're now ready to go to other platforms too.

About a pre-order: That's a good idea. We'd have to figure out a fair framework. In my opinion, Desktop Dungeons has done a pretty great job with their pre-order system. The ability to play the game as they develop it is nice...harder to do with iOS.

For now tho, we're going to focus on designing/writing/drawing/coding the game!