★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Galactic Keep by Gilded Skull Games

01-04-2013, 06:08 PM
Send a message via AIM to amn624 Send a message via Skype™ to amn624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaysme View Post
I understand the safety net of kickstarter is needed for the masses, as long as larger donations, but you should make some sort of pre order package anyhow,I'll give you 5$ up front. I'm sure someone else would as well, espically if there was a nice consolation prize if the world moves on faster than the game is done. Just an idea. I've been waiting a long time now, officially.
Me too. And $5 up front is fine. In fact, Kickstarter again I'm in for $25.

Zebracadabra (GC) -Agricola, Puerto Rico, Lords of Waterdeep, Disc Drivin'.
Watch for Super 3 - Coming Soon! DYNASTIES is in the App Store!
01-04-2013, 10:00 PM
Are you guys giving any rough release dates? Also, will this be multiplayer?

And I've been looking forward to this game since '09, it's always intrigued me. I'm excited for it to be released, and I'll be a sad panda if you guys don't do well with it.

01-05-2013, 12:53 AM
I'm sorry to hear your kickstarter didn't work out. I remember being interested in the game way back and actually thought it had died. Glad to see that isn't the case.

Hopefully you have a successful launch and all the hard work will be worth while.

PS: I liked the video on the previous page.
01-05-2013, 02:20 PM
dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieryseraph View Post
Are you guys giving any rough release dates? Also, will this be multiplayer?
We need to get some form of Galactic Keep launched by late spring early summer. We're aiming to complete the core game and then update with other large features (like multiplayer) over time.

The fun part of playing a tabletop RPG is multiplayer, working together. We think this is a necessary feature that will be part of the game...but we're working toward the launch of a great single player experience first.

Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for the latest Gilded Skull game information!
03-16-2013, 09:39 PM
Any news on where the game is at now?
03-16-2013, 11:30 PM
I thought Galactic Keep's Kickstarter failed. You mean it is still on track for development and release? That would be awesome as that Youtube video looked fun...
03-17-2013, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post
I thought Galactic Keep's Kickstarter failed. You mean it is still on track for development and release? That would be awesome as that Youtube video looked fun...
I guess I was just under the impression that because the Kickstarter failed it would just take longer to release. It's too good of a game to scrap.
03-18-2013, 11:36 AM
update

Yep, we're still at it. Galactic Keep is our focus. Most of the base code is complete and we're currently widening out the game, adding a feature at a time and cleaning up what's been built already.

Battles are becoming rather complicated (behind the scenes) and we're working through combinations of all the possible types of weapons, specials and critical hits/failures, testing and making sure all scenarios are covered. Like:

"If this weapon is used after this special attack, the enemy is bleeding (losing 3 health per turn), there will be temporal damage to the enemy in 2 turns. The enemy attacks and gets a critical hit that disables your weapon and you switch to a different temporal weapon that hit's in 8 turns. What's the total hit damage next turn and the turn after that?"

(From the player side, all you'll see is 'Enemy hit for 28 damage.')

Anyway, the game is progressing. Soon, we should be able to show off some combat footage featuring battle choices: healing, blocking, switching weapons mid-battle, all that good stuff! Stay tuned.

Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for the latest Gilded Skull game information!
03-18-2013, 11:42 AM
Excellent news.

Waiting...
03-18-2013, 12:31 PM
So glad this is progressing nicely.. I was so bummed that we didn't garner enough support to get the kickstarter over the hump... anyhow keep us posted! this is one of my top 5 most anticipated games this year!