★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Mega ManŽ II v1.5 "Classic Mode" Lite is out

07-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Mega ManŽ II v1.5 "Classic Mode" Lite is out

iTunes Link AppShopper Link 13.1 MB $4.99 Capcom Interactive Inc.

Now includes "classic mode" (according to the product description.) Maybe this is worth a second look.

Quote:
Capcom fans spoke out, and we listened.

Mega ManŽ is back and better than ever in this updated version of the legendary platformer. For the hardcore Mega Man fan, the new Classic Mode allows you to experience the game in its original incarnation with all the enemies, movement and action you remember.

More casual players can toggle off Classic Mode and enjoy a rebalanced gameplay experience with more forgiving controls, scaled-down enemies and an auto-fire option.

Both modes can now be played in landscape mode in addition to the portrait mode that was available in the original release.

Features:
* Utilize top-down virtual game controls in either portrait or landscape.
* New Classic Mode for hardcore Mega Man fans.
* Battle your way through 14 levels, and conquer 8 Robot Masters, each with a unique weapon!
* Bringing the original classic NES game to the palm of your hand!

Check out other awesome games from Capcom:
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, Are You Smarter Than A 5TH Grader?Ž, Resident Evil: Degeneration™, KENKENŽ and more!
What's new

* Control enhancements
* New Classic Mode!
* Landscape view now added
* Audio issues have been addressed
* Auto fire available when Classic Mode is turned OFF
* Floor sliding has been added to the Flash Man stage

Last edited by starjimstar; 07-03-2009 at 08:34 PM.
07-03-2009, 08:30 PM
How much is this? Who made it?

07-03-2009, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
How much is this? Who made it?
My bad. I have now added that info to the first post.
07-03-2009, 08:37 PM
Well it sounds like its good enough to buy now
07-03-2009, 08:40 PM
Anyone have some impressions on this new version? Would love a nice version of m2!
07-03-2009, 08:41 PM
I am so excited. This game was virtually unplayable in it's initial iDevice release. It sounds like Capcom really came around. I can't confirm anything yet but I will give it a shot later this evening and report back with my impressions.
07-03-2009, 08:44 PM
Hopefully we'll see a release of the original Mega Man?
07-03-2009, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch_Blak View Post
Hopefully we'll see a release of the original Mega Man?
That will likely depend on sales; so buy, buy, buy. I'm sure we will see the entire series if I can stir enough people into a nostalgic frenzy.
07-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Having been one of the first to buy on day one. The game really did suck at that time. I can now say the game is playable and brings back a lot of great memories.
07-03-2009, 10:46 PM
What was once (possibly) the worst port on the iDevice is suddenly among the best. My hat is off to Capcom for taking us seriously (to my surprise.) It is more than just classic mode: the controls are now responsive with wide margins to prevent mishaps. I am not really a fan of virtual D-pads but this one is indeed acceptable. What an update! Why is this not featured in the front page article about substantial updates of the day? Hopefully Blake will correct that oversight.