Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-25-2010, 09:06 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Ghost Ninja: Zombie Beatdown

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Lite:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ghost-ninja-zombie-beatdown/id398442804?mt=8

Last edited by goiMot; 10-25-2010 at 09:09 PM..
Old 10-25-2010, 09:11 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

"57% OFF THE REGULAR PRICE"?!
Old 10-25-2010, 09:48 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Send a message via Skype™ to dyscode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
"57% OFF THE REGULAR PRICE"?!
$6.99 is quite steep.

there are a lot of great ideas in the video but the gameplay itself does not look convincing.
but they have a lite version.

Last edited by dyscode; 10-25-2010 at 09:55 PM..
Old 10-25-2010, 10:40 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Send a message via Skype™ to dyscode
Default Game Impressions

I just tried the lite version a few minutes and I am fairly impressed.

This game oozes 90s consoles spirit big style.
But thankfully leaves out most of the pitfalls.
Here you seem to have unlimited continues to restart from the last checkpoint.
Also the constant flickering from the video is not present in the game.
One strange thing seems to be that you lose health when you jump on top of an enemy.

Character animation and gameplay seem a bit stiff but animation is still really good - 90ies style.

VAS (Virtual Analog Stick) + buttons control scheme seem to be tight but I am not entirely convinced with the control layout on the screen and the button size. But that may be just me.
It is already good enough to dismember Zombies rotten limb by limb so it def. points in the right directions
If they tweak the controls a little bit more, esp the jumping, this could be killer!

To throw Shuriken you have to swipe in the directions, but they seem to be limited to 45DEG steps.
Also in the lite version you already have some special skills from the start to summon some demon helpers or similar, which is really psycho.

And this game has some real love for the detail.
I was sceptic at first for a debut Team but I think a $3 price tag is really value for money.
But the total length of the game and replay value still needs to be determined.

Check it out.

Last edited by dyscode; 10-25-2010 at 10:47 PM..
Old 10-26-2010, 01:47 AM
iPad

I wanted to respond to some of the remarks one of your senior members Dyscode made. We are very happy that he was impressed with the Lite version and noticed all the attention to detail and game play mechanics. We believe that raising the bar when it comes to over quality of a game is important. Although it may raise development costs we also believe the end user has had enough of repetitive and/or rushed games that disappoint.

Regarding the button size I wanted to let your members know that what we did with the action, jump and magic button is create a larger touch area than display button image size. The center point of the touch area is the center point of the button image so there should be no confusion to new users. This will minimize button image interference with the game action while still allowing for new players the flexibility of pressing close to the button and still getting the intended result. As the QA and all other players have found that after a little practice, users will eventually cease to even need to look for the controls and they will become second nature. Having said that if anyone finds the controls still needing tweaking let us know at suppport@GabagoolGames.com.

Regarding the price we realize this is above the average game but, we hope you agree, this is because this game is above average in all aspects. One item you mentioned was replay value. There are 3 levels of difficulty and you can bring all the purchased upgrades with you to the next level of difficulty at the end of the game. With regards to game difficulties, the level, attack, enemy quantity, items mechanics and unlockables all change. And if you like the (what we think are funny) bloopers we hope that you will play all 3 difficulties to unlock them all and even play it over one more time after the 999 magic, coins and shurikens achievement unloackable. So there is plenty of value for $6.99 but hey, buy it now and we know you will be happy with our introductory price of $2.99. We may even have a secondary sale of $4.99 before we go full on fully to $6.99.

One other thing about the eventual price tag is that over the next few months we plan on continued updates with not only tweaks but an online Leaderboard, new magic, new levels, new enemies and if highly requested, eventually a two player mode. We encourage users to let us know which parts of the game they loved the most and we will deliver.

With this game we wanted to appeal not only to hardcore games that love side scrolling action but casual gamers. The story line is not the simple save the girl situation but is quite enthralling especially if you like Japanese mythology. In fact, we didn't feel having the user read the text was enough to do the story justice so we had voice acting for the characters to add to the humor and story line.

We hope you enjoy the full version, and in the meantime if you have any other ideas on how to improve the game I would be happy to hear it at support@GabagoolGames.com.

Thank you for taking the time to play it and review it. Also, special thanks to Touch Arcade for being the first to review it. On the release date no less. Awesome work guys.

Sebastian
Old 10-26-2010, 01:51 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Email sent!Thanks
Old 10-26-2010, 03:48 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Tried the lite version. The pricing issue here, though interesting to me, (if this game were to succeed as per pricing plan outlined by the dev, it would be the first to do so given similar circumstances) is really only academic, as the game itself is simply not very good. Jerky scrolling and animation, flawed collision detection, and on top of that the gameplay is simply too slow and not the least bit satisfying. Loading times, particularly at the start, are unacceptably long. The dev apparently went to the trouble of adding voice to the characters in cut-scenes, yet could not be bothered to sync it to be remotely in time with lip movement which only makes the whole thing look cheap. All in all this game would struggle at the nominal 99c price point, which in spite of any grand designs is where I expect to see it shortly unless some really drastic changes through updates are applied.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:55 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Was close to buying but after Gabriens trusted opinions I'm gonna give it a miss
Old 10-26-2010, 05:00 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
Was close to buying but after Gabriens trusted opinions I'm gonna give it a miss
Don't forget you can just try the lite.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:13 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Good impressions Gabe. Will try the lite.