Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 02-02-2013, 10:46 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

We both liked each other since last year.... we talked for two weeks before going out this year.... i don't want to loose her.... maybe a picture of us would show you. image.jpg

she love me too, but it's only a matter of time before the butterflies go away and honeymoon phase.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:49 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Cute pictures!!!

Enjoy love when you are young, but remember that first boyfriends are always a deeper bond than normal. I really wouldn't recommend marriage until after at least 25 years old nowadays, so don't feel pressured into commitment to marriage just yet. While it's pretty rare that first relationships will last forever, you never know, just enjoy the ride and make sure it is true love before you commit to someone forever. Forever is a very long time.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:01 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

You're obviously happy now and that's what matters. If you're in love, you're in love. See where that road takes you. It's impossible to predetermine where your relationship will be in X years, but if you want that love and happiness (as well as hopes and dreams) to remain, you should keep at it and deal with whatever curveballs life throws at you. You can't say "the butterflies will go away"...they'll always be there as long as you both want them to be.

I've been with my girlfriend for over 2 years now and it sometimes seems like the entire world is against us, but here we are, still going strong...always will be.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:14 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

To be honest im probably the insecure one in the relationship. she's really adorable smart and cute (she likes temple run)
but im scared of growing up and being old even though i know everything ages. and really? i love her but living together forever for 50 more years scares me sort of
Old 02-02-2013, 11:16 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Im only 16 so i be on Facebook all the time and stuff, but how about growing up? no more of this stuff :/ i just want us to last and ill try.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:22 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

You're asking some pretty big questions. Have you considered talking some of this out with your parents? I know it might sound cliche but they really are the first people you should turn to at this age.

Often just sitting down with people you trust and have known all your life and having a heart-to-heart conversation can be very helpful and reassuring.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:28 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Hambo, you're 16...living with one person for the rest of your life is supposed to freak you out. You're young, this relationship is young. Don't think about these things until it's time.

As for growing up, naw dude...that's the great part of being in love; some things stay young forever.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:02 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

I've been with my girlfriend for almost 8 years. We actually met online (on a gaming site). I'm 27 years old.

First things first, what NOT to do in a relationship (from personal experience):

- Quit worrying if a relationship may or/may not last forever. You'll jinx it. Just go with the flow.

- Jealousy...that can kill a healthy relationship before you even know what happened. So remember to keep that in check. Trust her, if she wants to go out with her friends, don't insist on tagging along (unless invited of course), or try to keep tabs on her when you're not with her.

- Try not to be with each other 110% of the time. In early relationships it's very important coz you're still developing that bond and the trust that will help you grow old together.
By spending half the day together and half the day separate, you each have new stuff to talk about, new experiences to share, etc. Unlike if you spend all day together, you run out things to talk about very quickly coz you've been sharing everything. Hope that makes sense.

- Don't smother her. Sure, sending adorable texts/emails or calling each other constantly is cute at first. But there's a limit. Try to keep it under so neither of you gets sick of it.

- Respect. Respect each other's feelings, opinions, tastes, etc. Don't put each other down, mock or insult each other either with friends or alone. Don't do things that both aren't comfortable with...(yeah you know what I mean, I was 16 once, I know what goes on in that male brain).

Some of these may sound painfully obvious, but trust me...there come times where your emotions may get the best of you and cause you to react negatively.

As JBRUU said: I know it may sound counter intuitive at your age, but your parents are a perfect example on how to do a relationship right! Don't be afraid to discuss it with them.

Nowadays, I know a lot of teens that want to take the "Live Fast, Die Young" approach to their relationships. Those hardly end well from what I've seen. You want to cultivate a healthy relationship from the beginning, build strong foundations that will last well into your old age.

Once again, I'm not saying you are or aren't doing any of this...I just want to make sure to cover the fundamentals.

Just relax and take it slow.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:15 AM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Hambo, you're 16...living with one person for the rest of your life is supposed to freak you out. You're young, this relationship is young. Don't think about these things until it's time.

As for growing up, naw dude...that's the great part of being in love; some things stay young forever.

Sound so positive, :/ but yeah i see. we do spend alot of time together and maybe that will make her bored of me.. it's like i loved her so much i held her hand said i love you to her and kissed her on the first day of dating :/ my parents are Asian, they don't even want me to have a gf.. and we moved way to fast ... :/
Old 02-03-2013, 12:16 AM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Is it bad that i like touching her butt and body though?
I feel like im being so perverted.