• Publisher: Haruneko
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 65.3 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "The bosses in the game are impressive and fun." www.ztgd.com - 8.5/10
"Impressive Graphics, Visuals & Artwork" www.gamingtruth.com - 8.5/10
"Akane defines what a downloadable title should strive to be: loaded with content, affordable, and genuinely fun." www.digitallydownloaded.net - 5/5
"those crazy kids at Haruneko know what made well-remembered games worth remembering" - www.honestgamers.com - 8/10
"a really cool game" www.armlessoctopus.com - 4/5

Straight from your console, the critically acclaimed arcade game is now in your hands!

You are Akane, a Kunoichi ninja secretely loving her master Goro, a noble samurai. One day Goro is kidnapped by the evil Hiromi and her minions you have to rescue him, but it won't be an easy task!
Many enemies will try to stop you, and you'll have to be brave to fight against the evil ninjas and huge monsters loyal to Hiromi.

- iCade support
- 3 secret ninja techniques
- 5 different environments
- 5 huge bosses
- 15 stages
- 45 hidden Charming Lost Kimonos to catch!!!
- redefinable controls
06-13-2012, 10:42 PM
Nice find, Will add to my buy list tonight.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
QUANTUM SHEEP ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80

06-13-2012, 11:02 PM
I have absolutely no idea what this is, but a 4/5 stars based on 842 ratings on Xbox Live? Bought.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
06-13-2012, 11:07 PM
Absolutely instabought. I haven't played this before either, but this just reeks of quality and fun.
06-13-2012, 11:21 PM
Game Impressions

A solid little platformer which comes with a couple of relatively minor control issues. Those out of the way first: on the iPhone, the movement buttons (or the active area around them) are too small. I found my thumb frequently straying either too far right, or too low, resulting in loss of control. On the iPad, the buttons are large enough, but unfortunately are not configurable, resulting in a problem as well. The "special move" button is especially hard to reach. Both of these issues require only simple fixes, providing of course the developer chooses to implement them. The game is absolutely playable as is, but flawed.

That aside, this is a solid, fun, retro style platformer that's easily recommended. Particularly if you are sick of all the bite-sized reach-the-goal-in-twelve-seconds, or single screen platformers pervading the iOS. While the levels are not huge here, there's definitely a sense of exploration and progression missing from many other titles.

A number of videos of the Xbox version are available on YouTube.
06-13-2012, 11:24 PM
I like this game as well. On the iPad the buttons are fine but I did find that I still missed or slid off them from time to time. Annimation looked a little stiff in some spots but over all it is an impressive game.
06-13-2012, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
A solid little platformer which comes with a couple of relatively minor control issues. Those out of the way first: on the iPhone, the movement buttons (or the active area around them) are too small. I found my thumb frequently straying either too far right, or too low, resulting in loss of control. On the iPad, the buttons are large enough, but unfortunately are not configurable, resulting in a problem as well. The "special move" button is especially hard to reach. Both of these issues require only simple fixes, providing of course the developer chooses to implement them. The game is absolutely playable as is, but flawed.

That aside, this is a solid, fun, retro style platformer that's easily recommended. Particularly if you are sick of all the bite-sized reach-the-goal-in-twelve-seconds, or single screen platformers pervading the iOS. While the levels are not huge here, there's definitely a sense of exploration and progression missing from many other titles.

Considering I'm about 10 hours away from trying any of my purchases from today out, this is quite a relief and I'm really looking forward to it.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
06-14-2012, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post

I'm really enjoying this too. I like the level variety. I do agree about the controls being a bit too small. I'm also a hard time with the wall bouncing -- I've seen other games handle it better. But all in all this is a winner.
06-14-2012, 12:35 AM
This one's definitely a sleeper hit. Didnt expect this to be this good. Im sure the devs can do something with the control issues which is, for me, is pretty minor.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
06-14-2012, 09:02 AM

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by LordGek; 06-14-2012 at 09:43 AM. Reason: I embeded the Youtube link for you.