Support our Sponsors:
View Poll Results: Will you be jailbreaking your iDevice?
Yes 14 60.87%
No 3 13.04%
Undecided... 6 26.09%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-04-2013, 03:39 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Supposedly it works with 6.0 through 6.1, so I take it you don't have to update to 6.1, but can't vouch for it. I'm on 6.1.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:58 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

no it's true 6.0.1 is included I just figured why not update to 6.1 that way apps in the way way future if there are any that require 6.1 I can still use them. 6.1 just sounds cleaner than 6.0.1 though doesn't it?
Old 02-04-2013, 04:08 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

JB'd my Ipad2 without any hastle. Mainly for Blutrol and RetinaPad. Waiting on the US to go to bed so I can get busy
Old 02-04-2013, 04:09 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Right now there doesn't seem to be any point in jailbreaking, at least going on what I'm seeing. It is impossible to install anything from Cydia, I presume due to the rush of people trying to get to their accounts/install anything.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:10 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
Right now there doesn't seem to be any point in jailbreaking, at least going on what I'm seeing. It is impossible to install anything from Cydia, I presume due to the rush of people trying to get to their accounts/install anything.
true but I'm sure by 2 or 3 a.m. in the morning I should beable to get the few apps I'm after.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:43 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeNeI View Post
I JB'ed my iPod touch 5 and the reason is : Zephyr,TapDeWiggle,AnyAttach,ProTube 2 etc. which make me don't use my PC anymore
Have you had no problems with it? I'm worried cuz I've read about people getting stuck on the apple logo after the new JB but sounds like it occurs more with the phones..
Old 02-05-2013, 02:07 AM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
Have you had no problems with it? I'm worried cuz I've read about people getting stuck on the apple logo after the new JB but sounds like it occurs more with the phones..
First of all.. woah! I thought this forum disappeared for good ;P

Second... it actually took 10 minutes followed by a reboot for my iPad Mini to be jailbroken successfully, as compared to my iPhone 4S which got through the process like butter.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:45 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

My iPhone 4 took I think 6 tries before it worked. The failed tries were mostly an error after only a minute or two, but a couple times it seemed to be getting through the jailbreak process, and then reported that it couldn't communicate with "the device". However eventually it worked. Even when it did work it took much longer than 5 minutes. It rebooted many times and kind of in a frightening away, but eventually it booted up successfully. Now, though, when powering up (or after a respring), it reboots and you get the apple logo for short time, but then just a black screen. It stays that way longer than I'd like, but eventually the apple logo comes back and then I get a black screen again for another long period of time, but again eventually it starts up. It's a bit worrisome to be honest, but once up it seems to work fine.

I was finally able to get to my account and then upgrade MyWi (there's a $4.99 fee to upgrade from version 4/5 to 6). And also installed iFile. After installing it did what was allegedly a repspring, but it sure looked too me like a respring followed by a full reboot. iFile, at least, seems to work OK. I haven't tried MyWi 6.0 yet.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:29 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

EDIT: Never mind. Well, actually what's confusing about iFile is that when I first launch it, the only thing I can see is my Dropbox folder. I have to make a new window and then I can select Local and then I can see all the local files. I'm not sure if that's a bug, or if that's a feature. In any case it is working after I do that.

Last edited by crunc; 02-05-2013 at 09:32 AM..
Old 02-05-2013, 10:12 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to 2133

I just jailbreaked today, scared the crap out of me when trying to install winterboard and it just was stuck on the reboot screen.