★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Tower Defense, best?

07-04-2009, 03:03 AM
Tower Defense, best?

Looking for a really enjoyable Tower Defense game. I've got StarDefense, The Creeps, and Sentinel, but I'm looking for something better. Any suggestions of a really good TD? Is Fieldrunners as good as everyone makes it out to be, that I'll get a lot of play from it?

plus+: Collokey
"Words/Chess With Friends": Collokey
07-04-2009, 03:30 AM
Nice I've got all those, if you want a little more yes, definitely get Fieldrunners it's well worth it. 7 Cities is also good. Tap Defense is free but more slow paced than the rest.

07-04-2009, 03:51 AM
wait to to see how towers of war is
07-04-2009, 04:03 AM
SweetWater Defense is good (and 3D!). There's alsow a lite version.

Fieldrunners is a good TD, too
07-04-2009, 04:07 AM
That is a tough call, I think I have most of the TD games on the platform. I am currently hooked on Star Defense Challenge modes, thanks to NGmoco and their plus+(nick: dhustead) The Creeps would be my second favorite, great graphics, challenging levels. I was not sold with Fieldrunners, although I can see the appeal. I prefer fixed path TD games, instead of the build your own path. To each their own though. Defender Chronicles is a fresh take on the genre as well, may be worth a look for you. Come on Towers of War, best of both worlds!
07-04-2009, 04:12 AM
I have most of the TD games. There are may good ones. The ones I have played the most are Fieldrunners, Besiegement, Sentinel, Sentinel 2, Defender Chronicles and Tower Madness. I think DC takes the longest to finish.
07-04-2009, 04:21 AM
Defender chronicles is the best I have played. So much better and different to the others

LiamWUL Games Development
Gamecenter: walsh06
07-04-2009, 04:30 AM
Zombie Attack is a pretty cool TD, I believe it's only .99
07-04-2009, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhustead View Post
That is a tough call, I think I have most of the TD games on the platform. I am currently hooked on Star Defense Challenge modes, thanks to NGmoco and their plus+(nick: dhustead) The Creeps would be my second favorite, great graphics, challenging levels. I was not sold with Fieldrunners, although I can see the appeal. I prefer fixed path TD games, instead of the build your own path. To each their own though. Defender Chronicles is a fresh take on the genre as well, may be worth a look for you. Come on Towers of War, best of both worlds!
I like The Creeps and the fixed path TD

What are other good games like that?
07-04-2009, 06:18 AM
FieldRunners is Good... only if You want to better your High Score though...
I love the Look of INKoming! & has a difference to the gameplay too.
You could also check Garden Wars