★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Trism or Frenzic?

View Poll Results: Which would you recommend? (Poll is public!)
Trism 7 35.00%
Frenzic 13 65.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll
12-04-2008, 10:24 AM
Trism or Frenzic?

While I understand that some people may find this kind of topics annoying, I happen to appreciate them. Right now I'm two levels away from finishing Snail Mail and I'd like to get a (one! not both ) new game.

I'm in doubt, not sure to get Trism or Frenzic. How do people who have played them (preferrable both) feel about them? Which is your favourite? I made the poll public, so people can see who voted for which game. (Your username will appear behind your choice, I hope this doesn't scare people.)

Do you still play Trism?
Can you see yourself playing Frenzic for a long time?

Trism has several game modes and achievements, does Frenzic have anything like this?

Stefan
12-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Get both! They are really well done. Both 5/5 stars.

I like Frenzic a bit more.

12-04-2008, 10:28 AM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Ooooh, tough question. I think I prefer Frenzic just a little more than Trism. Frenzic is fast and doesn't get boring. Trism is just sloooow gameplay sometimes, so it can get boring quickly, but it has very high replay value.

Frenzic usually gives me a good 30 minutes of playing before I get so frustrated I stop playing till later. This is a good game to play when you've got a couple minutes to waste

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
12-04-2008, 10:33 AM
I just couldn't get into trism unfortunately.I blank spots :P But frenzic is really fast paced and the neon theme makes it preferable to me. However, it can get annoying when it's not possible to place a piece, as all of those slots are taken up.
12-04-2008, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
Get both! They are really well done. Both 5/5 stars.

I like Frenzic a bit more.
Haha I stated that I wanted only one, and I did that for a reason. If I get both, I will like one more than the other, and then end up not playing one of the games.

If I get one now, I may consider the other later (depending on the good games coming out in the (near) future) in a choice similar to this one. (So maybe it will then be Rolando / Trism, or Sim City / Frenzic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by istopmotion View Post
Ooooh, tough question. I think I prefer Frenzic just a little more than Trism. Frenzic is fast and doesn't get boring. Trism is just sloooow gameplay sometimes, so it can get boring quickly, but it has very high replay value.

Frenzic usually gives me a good 30 minutes of playing before I get so frustrated I stop playing till later. This is a good game to play when you've got a couple minutes to waste
Hmm yes I showed my girlfriend videos of both and she also thought Trism was slow. I remember Bejeweled to be quite fast though so apparently Trism is different in this aspect.

Thank you both and ITrocks for the comments so far and Nexus for the vote!

Stefan
12-04-2008, 10:49 AM
Try the Frenzic demo here, I had really enjoyed the game and found it to be very addictive, although comparing the prices it would be a hard choice to make. Frenzic is stronger in gameplay and Trism is better value with achievements so its up to you :P
12-04-2008, 10:52 AM
Take Frenzic. It'S a really great game.

I only use the puzzle mode in Trism and you have to hold the iPhone flat while playing which sucks.

Both games are very polished.

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de
12-04-2008, 10:53 AM
@CrocStock
Hehe that's the hard thing, it's up to me!
I don't have a Mac so I can't try the desktop version. I think I've got an OK feeling of how the game works though. It's just hard to choose, so other opinions just may make the difference.

Stefan
12-04-2008, 10:56 AM
I would go with Trism, Frenzic has too random gameplay, you just have to get lucky, while in Trism you need to have skill.
12-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
I only use the puzzle mode in Trism and you have to hold the iPhone flat while playing which sucks.
I really like Puzzle modes in games, so then maybe it would be better to wait and see if the special Trism game with all the puzzles comes out (and maybe a promotion) and then jump on the Trism bandwagon one way or another.

On the other hand, Frenzic is quite new so might get a pricedrop in a few weeks. But then again, thatīs all in the game and itīs a risk we all take quite often!

@Chiller_ONE
Yeah that's a good point, if you get a pizza slice in Frenzic that doesn't fit, you're just out of luck.

Stefan