• Publisher: SEGA
  • Genre: Simulation
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 350.9 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: ** LIMITED TIME: Until December 11, After Burner Climax is $0.99 (67% off)! **

Take to the skies and experience blazing speeds in the Worlds fastest fighter jets!

What the media is saying:

"One of the best action titles for iPhone and iPad" - Modojo.com

"its the best we've seen in the genre" - Gamezebo.com

"The production values are out of this world" - Toucharcade.com
_____

After Burner Climax is fast and frantic arcade-style action, putting you in the cockpit of the worlds fastest fighter plane. Dodge planes, rockets and bullets while trying to target multiple on-screen enemy aircraft. Built for all skill levels, everyone will be able to take to the skies and blaze through a branching storyline of over 20 stages. Unlock achievements along the way to activate exclusive power ups using your experience and expertise.

THE WORLDS FASTEST FIGHTER JETS
-Select from the F-14D Super Tomcat by Northrop Grumman, the F-15E Strike Eagle or F/A-18E Super Hornet by Boeing.
-Personalize your plane with 4 different paint jobs including: standard paint, camouflage, special paint and low visibility

BARREL THROUGH 20+ SKYSCAPES
-Pilot through beautiful picture-esque escapes from volcanos to jungles to ice caps
-Discover secret levels through meeting hidden criteria
-Replay to satisfy your inner pilot as you master levels to unlock power ups and race to the top of leaderboards

BREAK THE SOUND BARRIER IN 3 MODES
-ARCADE MODE: Discover the thrill of EX OPTIONS as you unlock the power of your arsenal and other power-ups such as unlimited lives and continues, auto lock-on and persistent Climax Mode
-SCORE ATTACK MODE: Compete with other Jetsetters globally and fly to the top of over 60 Leaderboards and Achievements
-CLIMAX MODE: When your Climax Gauge is full, time will slow down and your lock-on cursor will expand. This is your chance to lock on to enemies en masse and take them all down at once!

OTHER FEATURES
-Airplay Support
-HDMI Support
-Retina Display on iPhone 4/4S/5 and iPad 3rd and 4th Gen
-iPad Mini Support

Sanuku's comments:

02-06-2013, 05:14 AM
Holy crap this looks wicked!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

02-06-2013, 05:39 AM
I am so tempted to buy this tonight, a couple years back in Disney World they had an arcade with this particular game in it. I just don't know if I'm going to be ale to get the full experience here without the joystick, would love some impressions

Games I've Beta tested
Add Me on Gamecenter: Fireball926
02-06-2013, 05:57 AM
Instabuy for me tonight!!
02-06-2013, 06:31 AM
Dang! How is the control?

Statement: Star Wars has 2 characters with strange use of grammar: Yoda and HK-47. I pick HK-47 for it is meaner.

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
02-06-2013, 07:24 AM
Oh man, can't wait. Anybody know if you can use the original After Burner II music, like in the arcade and console versions?

Edit: Never mind, I see the option right there in the video. Yay.

Last edited by db2; 02-06-2013 at 07:28 AM.
02-06-2013, 08:30 AM
wooow...F A N T A S T I C ! ! !
02-06-2013, 08:33 AM
Didn't think they'd announce it and release it on same week
02-06-2013, 10:01 AM
Really like it from the video. This is instabuy when it hits my appstore. Love the pacing of the action... It does remind me of the old After burner days.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword