Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-13-2013, 12:06 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdiss View Post
Definitely, definitely Option 2!

Also thanks for stopping by. It's an awesome game and I can't wait for whatever you add in the future!
#2. Look at games like Snuggle Truck, iBlast Mok i(I think...and that had sharing ages ago),, non-games like Reactable Mobile(music app) etc. Or Pinball Craft. Not the most polished game, but it IS a pinball game which lets you share and create tables. Enable the downloading of tables.

Once that's inplemented this will be an instabuy for me. As it is, I doubt I'll want to play my own tables much.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:47 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
It's an awesome game and I can't wait for whatever you add in the future!
Quote:
Originally Posted by staffordling View Post
Great concept and very fun gameplay!
Thanks a lot, sweetdiss and staffordling! Hearing that is an excellent motivation booster, and keeps us pushing PinWar forward!

Quote:
Definitely, definitely Option 2!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
Option 2 for me too. Prefer to have filter options such as highest rated, most recent, oldest, most downloaded all time, most downloaded this week/month...etc.. But this may be a lot of work.
Thanks for your feedback! We agree that a global table sharing portal would serve the purpose the most, so we'll try to aim for that. We will keep investigating how this could be done. But please be patient, because doing this feature properly takes time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
Maybe if each table is stored also using some unique id code, it could be always displayed as well, so people can share codes with friends and can manually add the codes without having to browse the list of user created tables.
Agreed! If we end up doing the table portal, doing this addition will be really easy to add on top of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by staffordling View Post
Some things I'd like changed: no developer splash screens, better performance on my iphone 4.
I hear you. We are currently using the splash screen sequence to give the game some time to check if you have any updated data in iCloud, and then fetch it if there is, before showing the actual main menu. But we'll see if there's a cleaner way to do this! If we manage to fix this, we probably won't remove the splash screens entirely, but instead make them skippable by tapping the screen.

The iPhone 4 performance is on top of our task list, and hopefully we will be able to submit an improved version soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
#2. Look at games like Snuggle Truck, iBlast Mok i(I think...and that had sharing ages ago),, non-games like Reactable Mobile(music app) etc. Or Pinball Craft. Not the most polished game, but it IS a pinball game which lets you share and create tables. Enable the downloading of tables.

Once that's inplemented this will be an instabuy for me. As it is, I doubt I'll want to play my own tables much.
Thanks for sharing that list! We'll check out those games and see what we can learn from them.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:34 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prank Ltd. View Post
genjuro and Aenea: we are really sorry to hear you've run into such issues! Can you please take a moment to answer these questions, which will help us identify the issue:

1) Do you have the same iCloud username enabled on both the devices? You mentioned same Game Center account, but we are curious to know if you have differention on the iCloud space.

2) Do you have the latest firmware installed on both devices?

3) Is your Game Center account logged into Sandbox environment in either of the devices? You can see this on the "Welcome back userName" prompt, which includes "*** Sandbox ***" text below your nickname, if it's in Sandbox environment.

4) Are you 100% sure that both devices are tethered to a functional internet connection?

5) Is either of your devices jailbroken?

Thanks!
Hi! I loved your game so much but I can't enjoy it. I have the same problem with those guys. Here are my answer:
1) I don't use iCloud
2) I'm using iOS 6.0.1
3) No
4) Yes
5) Yes
I hope you to fix this bug.
P/s: I create a new account just to do this
Old 02-13-2013, 06:06 PM

Favourite game this year so far
It would be even better with the addition of being able to share and download other people's tables
Old 02-20-2013, 06:15 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
genjuro and Aenea: we are really sorry to hear you've run into such issues! Can you please take a moment to answer these questions, which will help us identify the issue:

1) Do you have the same iCloud username enabled on both the devices? You mentioned same Game Center account, but we are curious to know if you have differention on the iCloud space.

2) Do you have the latest firmware installed on both devices?

3) Is your Game Center account logged into Sandbox environment in either of the devices? You can see this on the "Welcome back userName" prompt, which includes "*** Sandbox ***" text below your nickname, if it's in Sandbox environment.

4) Are you 100% sure that both devices are tethered to a functional internet connection?

5) Is either of your devices jailbroken?

Thanks!
1) Only have an iPad2
2) iOS 6.1 installed
3) Logged into regular GameCenter account
4) Yes am positive, all async multiplayer games and browser work fine and am only using my iPad at home
5) Have my iPad2 jailbroken, yes
Old 02-20-2013, 06:28 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenea View Post
1) Only have an iPad2
2) iOS 6.1 installed
3) Logged into regular GameCenter account
4) Yes am positive, all async multiplayer games and browser work fine and am only using my iPad at home
5) Have my iPad2 jailbroken, yes
Weirdest thing is, is that it does save my achievements, it just does not save the lightning bolts and some other game related data...

Also in iCloud settings it does not show any data for PinWar...
Old 02-20-2013, 06:45 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Weirdest thing is, is that it does save my achievements, it just does not save the lightning bolts and some other game related data...

Also in iCloud settings it does not show any data for PinWar...
In the Library/Preferences folder there is a file called: com.bulkypix.pinwar.plist

Which is used to save the progress, the lightning bolts, the missions done, etc.
While playing it, it is correctly updated with the new data after you pkayed a mission or something else.

But if the app is closed and it has to start up completely again it overwrites that file with a new one as if the test to check if the file is there is not correct.

Hope this helps...

PS. I did install the newer version of PinWar in the hopes it would solve this problem but it is still there....
Old 02-21-2013, 06:04 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tungpooh777 View Post
Hi! I loved your game so much but I can't enjoy it. I have the same problem with those guys. Here are my answer:
1) I don't use iCloud
2) I'm using iOS 6.0.1
3) No
4) Yes
5) Yes
I hope you to fix this bug.
P/s: I create a new account just to do this
Quote:
In the Library/Preferences folder there is a file called: com.bulkypix.pinwar.plist

Which is used to save the progress, the lightning bolts, the missions done, etc.
While playing it, it is correctly updated with the new data after you pkayed a mission or something else.

But if the app is closed and it has to start up completely again it overwrites that file with a new one as if the test to check if the file is there is not correct.

Hope this helps...

PS. I did install the newer version of PinWar in the hopes it would solve this problem but it is still there....
Thanks tungpooh777 and Aenea for helping us pinpointing this bug! And we are really sorry that you have experienced this kind of nasty issue :/
The recently released update was submitted to App Store before the game was originally released, so unfortunately we weren't aware of this bug at the time, and it isn't fixed there.

Aenea: that plist information helps a lot! Can you please try to do the following:

1) Play the game until you get the first level up (two matches.)
2) After getting the level up, go back to main menu of the game, and then quit the game.
3) Shut down the game from multitasking.
4) Start the game again, but DON'T press the "One player" or "Two player" buttons when they appear.
5) Instead: quit the game, and shut it down from multitasking
6) Then, launch the game again.
7) If it still goes to that quick battle menu, again, DON'T press the buttons, but instead wait for around 20 seconds, and see if the "Getting updated data from iCloud" prompt appears.
8) Please let us know if this helped or not!

If that helped, then we are pretty sure we know where the issue is, and we can rush a fixed update to the store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesidewaystable View Post
Favourite game this year so far
It would be even better with the addition of being able to share and download other people's tables
Thanks thesidewaystable, really good to hear!

I'm happy to say that it seems very likely that the table sharing feature becomes reality. We already have table data moving between the game and our servers successfully. We just need to spend some time to perfect the user interface for sharing and discovering tables, because we want it to be as smooth and useable as possible. You probably won't see this feature in the next update, because we want to submit a fix for the above-mentioned bug as soon as we can.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:26 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:

Aenea: that plist information helps a lot! Can you please try to do the following:

1) Play the game until you get the first level up (two matches.)
2) After getting the level up, go back to main menu of the game, and then quit the game.
3) Shut down the game from multitasking.
4) Start the game again, but DON'T press the "One player" or "Two player" buttons when they appear.
5) Instead: quit the game, and shut it down from multitasking
6) Then, launch the game again.
7) If it still goes to that quick battle menu, again, DON'T press the buttons, but instead wait for around 20 seconds, and see if the "Getting updated data from iCloud" prompt appears.
8) Please let us know if this helped or not!

If that helped, then we are pretty sure we know where the issue is, and we can rush a fixed update to the store.

I did as you described and did not get the iCloud updating message and it had of course lost my level two knowledge. To me it seems it isn't sending any data to iCloud at all. But even so, it should also work without using iCloud shouldn't it?
Old 02-21-2013, 05:45 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
I did as you described and did not get the iCloud updating message and it had of course lost my level two knowledge. To me it seems it isn't sending any data to iCloud at all. But even so, it should also work without using iCloud shouldn't it?
You are absolutely right, it should save and load locally when iCloud isn't available. It seems to be an issue with the third party plugin we used for iCloud -- apparently it can ignore both iCloud and local saves sometimes on jailbroken devices, and thereby all player data becomes empty. At least that's what a few other developers have reported who used the same plugin.

We are working hard to fix this, and are hoping to submit a fixed update as quickly as humanly possible! We'll let you know immediately when this happens.

Many thanks for your help, and for your patience! And our sincerest apologies for the trouble it has caused.