02-08-2013, 12:13 PM
#61
really enjoying this game so far. Liking the mechanics. Wish it didn't have the 3 star rating system though. Not sure what the criteria is. Would rather this be more chill and just have you pass a level by hitting the robot.
02-08-2013, 12:26 PM
#62
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbrokenchain33 View Post
really enjoying this game so far. Liking the mechanics. Wish it didn't have the 3 star rating system though. Not sure what the criteria is. Would rather this be more chill and just have you pass a level by hitting the robot.
Yeah, part of me agrees. Going to re-think the scoring.
Glad you like it so far. Thanks for the feedback.

02-08-2013, 12:44 PM
#63
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffWeber View Post
Yeah, part of me agrees. Going to re-think the scoring.
Glad you like it so far. Thanks for the feedback.
I just get the whole laid back vibe from the game. The look and feel make it seem like it's not necessarily a high score game, but more of a casual pick up and play a few levels at a time. This is my type of game.

I understand 3 star systems gives more replay ability. But for me, if I have a hard level, once I get 1-2 stars I will probably move on and never come back.

That being said, I am definitely enjoying the game, and would recommend it to anyone. Just feel like there's room for improvement. Maybe an endless mode?

By the way, what is the criteria for getting 3 stars? From what I can tell I can't really figure it out.
02-08-2013, 12:57 PM
#64
Joined: May 2010
Location: Deepest Circle, Hell
Posts: 6,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbrokenchain33 View Post
By the way, what is the criteria for getting 3 stars? From what I can tell I can't really figure it out.
Just nail the jump and attack on your first go.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
02-08-2013, 01:09 PM
#65
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Forge World
Posts: 6,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Just nail the jump and attack on your first go.
Yeah no real trick to it other than making sure you restart and reset after each jump (press the button on the bottom left of the screen then the button on the top left to reset properly).
It's a bit of a hassle to do every jump but that's how you get 3stars.
02-08-2013, 04:20 PM
#66
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Tampere, Finland
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffWeber View Post
I have something in mind along those lines... not exactly like Tiny Wings but it should fit the bill. Will be in a future update. Probably bonus levels between the worlds or something. Stay tuned...
Cool, looking forward to this Also, congrats on the success! It's even on some of the top 10 lists here in Finland, too

Finnish indie game developer. ottoojala.com
02-08-2013, 04:41 PM
#67
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbrokenchain33 View Post
I just get the whole laid back vibe from the game. The look and feel make it seem like it's not necessarily a high score game, but more of a casual pick up and play a few levels at a time. This is my type of game.

I understand 3 star systems gives more replay ability. But for me, if I have a hard level, once I get 1-2 stars I will probably move on and never come back.

That being said, I am definitely enjoying the game, and would recommend it to anyone. Just feel like there's room for improvement. Maybe an endless mode?

By the way, what is the criteria for getting 3 stars? From what I can tell I can't really figure it out.
The current criteria is this: Each levels requires a certain number of attacks to get 3 stars. Most the current levels are 1 with a couple 2s. For every attack you go over the "perfect" number of attacks, you lose a start.

To be honest, I've never really liked the star system in this game. I really added it because it seemed like something people would want. I think I have a better idea. Let me know what you think of this. (Just rough thoughts right now.)

-Each robot is worth say 10 points.
-For each robot you hit you get that amount of points.
-Bonus points for double and triple kills (Kill two robots in 1 attack, bonus!)
-To unlock the next level you simply have to kill at least 1 robot.
-Number of attacks doesn't matter for scoring.

Other thoughts:
-Could have different robots in hard to reach places worth more points.
-Future levels will have multiple "routes" to take.

Would love some feedback on this idea.
02-08-2013, 06:07 PM
#68
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffWeber View Post
-Each robot is worth say 10 points.
-For each robot you hit you get that amount of points.
-Bonus points for double and triple kills (Kill two robots in 1 attack, bonus!)
-To unlock the next level you simply have to kill at least 1 robot.
-Number of attacks doesn't matter for scoring.

Other thoughts:
-Could have different robots in hard to reach places worth more points.
-Future levels will have multiple "routes" to take.

Would love some feedback on this idea.
Love every idea there, I think that would be a huge improvement and fit much better with the game as opposed to the 3 stars. I felt pretty enthusiastic when I read those lol
02-09-2013, 01:03 PM
#69
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt33 View Post
Love every idea there...
Ditto. I'm honestly tired of so many games having 3-star scoring systems.
02-09-2013, 01:12 PM
#70
Joined: May 2010
Location: Deepest Circle, Hell
Posts: 6,363
I honestly don't mind the way the game is right now, but sure...those are fantastic ideas.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"