★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Sword of Wind - Free; krpg cell port

02-06-2013, 10:15 AM
Sword of Wind - Free; krpg cell port

02-06-2013, 10:17 AM
Is it better then the last one?
02-06-2013, 11:04 AM
Wasnt this released a couple weeks ago?

EDIT: Just checked was released a month ago.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
02-06-2013, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
I haven't played it yet; but have low expectations. Here's quote from the main thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayfitla View Post
Could be better. It's a port of a game from a cell phone. Game run greats until you turn on the sounds in the settings (yes, the default for sound is off) which slows the game tremendously.

The actual game play is reminiscent of the 50 other "ok" KRPG's on the appstore, but isn't a blockbuster by any means. If it could run at full speed with the sound on, I would actually recommend giving it a whirl, otherwise, there a better developed games out there.
/quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Wasnt this released a couple weeks ago?

EDIT: Just checked was released a month ago.
These basic KRPG games always end up going free.
02-06-2013, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
It's better than Gods Wars by the same dev but it still sucks. The translation is actually coherent this time but the story isn't anything to get excited about. There's a complete lack of any sound or music. The controls are really spotty. Worst of all, I hit a pay wall a an hour or so in against a boss that kept regenerating its health if you got hit with a certain attack.

It's not that hard to avoid, but the controls are too sloppy to do it reliably every time and getting hit even once regens around 5% of its health. I had the best weapon without hours (at least) of grinding or IAP and whittling 5% of its HP took forever (over a minute). And then seeing my efforts negated because of the controls was just too much.

TL;DR - Another terrible KRPG, not even worth it for free. Plenty of better alternatives like Zenonia or Epic Hearts.