Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-07-2013, 09:48 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Does this also have a ridiculous amount of content (cosmetic) that's only available through IAPs? I loved the first Cordy, didn't mind the whole "IAP to unlock" pricing model, but hiding content (whether necessary or not) behind a paywall was just...ugh.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:50 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 6.x

I enjoyed Sleepy Jack quite a bit, and always meant to check out Cordy but never got around to it. Better late than never, I guess!
Old 02-07-2013, 10:25 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

To address a couple of the negative points bought forth:

1) Although I didn't find the level design sterile in the first Cordy, I can say that as I mentioned a bit earlier, the levels in 2 seem a lot more expansive so far. As to controls, however, they feel exactly the same to me. Now, in my mind, this is a positive, as I thought the controls were (and still are) excellent. This is probably just one of those instances where personal preference differs, and I'm certainly not saying your point isn't valid, just that it differs from mine. That being said, if you didn't like the controls in the first game, you won't like them here either.

2) Since the IAP in the first game was purely cosmetic, and had no impact on game play whatsoever, I paid it no mind. I just checked, and there is indeed a lot of purely cosmetic IAP for colors, hats, outfits, etc., but again, since they don't affect game play at all, I'm going to ignore them again. This form of IAP doesn't bother me...I just ignore it. But, buyer beware...it's there.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:29 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
So pay 5 bucks for a game just to have more iap after unlocking the game via iap?
It's purely cosmetic. It's for costumes, hats, etc. It's completely unnecessary.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Loved the first game so immediately downloaded this. Quick question for anyone who's unlocked the full game - does it download the rest of the levels or are they already there in the file? Just wondering because I'm out of space and it's currently 148 MB. Wanted to know if that goes excessively higher after the unlock.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:02 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Loved the first game so immediately downloaded this. Quick question for anyone who's unlocked the full game - does it download the rest of the levels or are they already there in the file? Just wondering because I'm out of space and it's currently 148 MB. Wanted to know if that goes excessively higher after the unlock.
They're already in the file. It immediately unlocks them upon purchase.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:46 AM
iPad (4th Gen)

I really loved the first Cordy! Actually, Cordy Sky was a good Doodle Jumper type, although that's not really not my bag. This game is a no-brainier for me. Surprised the series isn't demanding more attention! If you like platformers (and I LOVE 'em), do yourself a favor and get the first one or this one. Think you'll dig it!!
Old 02-07-2013, 01:33 PM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Whats a bit annoying is to have the costume iap shop icon on the screen the entire game. Whats the point of that? Put it on the main menu or pause menu. Its like playing a game with an advertisement during gameplay.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:36 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj View Post
Whats a bit annoying is to have the costume iap shop icon on the screen the entire game. Whats the point of that? Put it on the main menu or pause menu. Its like playing a game with an advertisement during gameplay.
as much as I hate to say it (because of how much respect I have for the devs - not because I don't want to agree with you)... I completely agree. =oP
Old 02-07-2013, 01:50 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Wow, this is a wonderful surprise! The original was one of the really "wow" platformers of the time, and as others have said, the devs uphold a high standard of quality. I can't wait to fire this up and see what's new this time!