★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Aera - Upcoming iPhone game

07-04-2009, 12:37 PM
Aera - Upcoming iPhone game

• Different mission types (Aerobatic, Dog-fight, Race) plus bonus - Free Flight
• MultiPlayer Game (Duel and Capture the Flag)
• Advanced and carefully tuned physics simulation
• Different Locations and Planes to fly
• All the environments are carefully modeled in 3D
The gameplay mechanics are a mix of side-scroller and flight simulator. You play in a real 3D environment and control the throttle and pitch of your plane, plus a couple more "Special" moves. It might sound too simple, but it's not - advanced physics simulation allow you to perform very complex tricks and movements. With practice you will be able to master more and more fun maneuvers. This will allow you to use different tactics to complete each game mission. Also, with advancing through the game you will get faster and more powerful airplanes, better weapons, and you will face more challenging AI opponents.
Essentially, the game can be defined as casual 2.5D flight simulator. Since the physics model is "real" but simplified, it allows you to start off easily, but as you advance and master the controls, you'll discover more possibilities and ways of flying. Eventually, you might find it fun and enjoyable just to fly the planes around the scenery, hence the Free Flight Mode.

www.ichromo.com

http://iphonevolt.ru/news/June%202009/Aera.htm
07-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Whoa!

Video looks awesome. How soon before this comes out? Looks like a game I would defintely be interested in. Are you going to have several plane models that can be piloted? It looks like it from the video, but I 'm not sure.

Lots of modes, and who doesn't like surviving a direct hit to "do over" again?

Can't wait..

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer

07-04-2009, 12:46 PM
Oh my, this looks absolutely gorgeous. Graphics are looking amazing! How far away are you from submission?
07-04-2009, 12:50 PM

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post
...I vink you fail good sir. I don't vink vat yo get ze jok.
Proud Member of SAB
SAB Intelligence Officer
07-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Fantastic -- can't wait to check it out.
07-04-2009, 01:52 PM
This looks great! However, I'm stumped by how the controls work. Is it on rails where tilting the iDevice maneuvers the plane while its on its rails?
07-04-2009, 11:31 PM
Very eye catching, though is this going to be multiplayer bluetooth, wifi, or online? Seems very nice

Upcoming iPhone Games: World of Midgard,Paper Monsters, LostWinds,The First Attempt,Blade Slinger, Kale in Dinoland, Prevail
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerzack1 View Post
the psp sucks it has dumb games the nintendo ds is so much better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Dumb people are dumb.
07-04-2009, 11:46 PM
I hope there's multiplayer, this might satisfy my appetite for Prop plane combat sims.

Founder of Sgarrista Air Brigade
Devs, if you want reviews click here!
Yep, I'm a Brony
PSN: AeroFlare7221
07-05-2009, 12:28 AM
Don't only Listen to those multiplayer guys.

There are plenty of guys like me that enjoy single player, and never engage in multiplayer, or online.

Not meant as a flame, just making sure dev hears both sides...

Happy 4th..

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
07-05-2009, 12:57 AM
Looks Gr8!