Aera - Upcoming iPhone game
• Different mission types (Aerobatic, Dog-fight, Race) plus bonus - Free Flight
• MultiPlayer Game (Duel and Capture the Flag)
• Advanced and carefully tuned physics simulation
• Different Locations and Planes to fly
• All the environments are carefully modeled in 3D
The gameplay mechanics are a mix of side-scroller and flight simulator. You play in a real 3D environment and control the throttle and pitch of your plane, plus a couple more "Special" moves. It might sound too simple, but it's not - advanced physics simulation allow you to perform very complex tricks and movements. With practice you will be able to master more and more fun maneuvers. This will allow you to use different tactics to complete each game mission. Also, with advancing through the game you will get faster and more powerful airplanes, better weapons, and you will face more challenging AI opponents.
Essentially, the game can be defined as casual 2.5D flight simulator. Since the physics model is "real" but simplified, it allows you to start off easily, but as you advance and master the controls, you'll discover more possibilities and ways of flying. Eventually, you might find it fun and enjoyable just to fly the planes around the scenery, hence the Free Flight Mode.