★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Anomaly Warzone Earth HD + Anomaly Korea - $1.99 Each

02-08-2013, 10:12 AM
#1
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: a[V-O-I-D]
Posts: 14,101
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Anomaly Warzone Earth HD + Anomaly Korea - $1.99 Each









Both are must own titles.
02-08-2013, 10:31 AM
#2
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 734
If TD gameplay strikes me as just a bit too monotonous (as in, the waiting period between setting up towers while the waves just die kills the momentum) do the anomaly games switch the formula up enough to keep the player constantly engaged? It seems like they do, but I'd love to hear the thoughts of some vets before pulling the trigger on a purchase.

Thanks!

02-08-2013, 10:35 AM
#3
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 3,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzpha View Post
If TD gameplay strikes me as just a bit too monotonous (as in, the waiting period between setting up towers while the waves just die kills the momentum) do the anomaly games switch the formula up enough to keep the player constantly engaged? It seems like they do, but I'd love to hear the thoughts of some vets before pulling the trigger on a purchase.
Thanks!
so many of these type games im sure everyone has one, unless there is something unique added its same old thing.
02-08-2013, 10:54 AM
#4
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: a[V-O-I-D]
Posts: 14,101
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzpha View Post
If TD gameplay strikes me as just a bit too monotonous (as in, the waiting period between setting up towers while the waves just die kills the momentum) do the anomaly games switch the formula up enough to keep the player constantly engaged? It seems like they do, but I'd love to hear the thoughts of some vets before pulling the trigger on a purchase.

Thanks!
I know exactly what you mean - it's what keeps me from really getting into the TD genre... but with the Anomaly titles and the reverse TD formula, it does keep you busy for the most part. There are some parts where you'll need to wait until you move on and reach the next group of enemies, but there is a FF button, and this usually only happens when you take the time to make a route to kill all of the enemies in a section, usually leaving you in the back of the area...

But yes... for the most part, you are constantly engaged, more so in Anomaly Korea since you've got extra units that you need to pay attention to while they charge up shots, and then tap on the screen to fire, blah blah... I'd go with Korea if you're really worried about breaks in action. =oP
02-08-2013, 11:01 AM
#5
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
I know exactly what you mean - it's what keeps me from really getting into the TD genre... but with the Anomaly titles and the reverse TD formula, it does keep you busy for the most part. There are some parts where you'll need to wait until you move on and reach the next group of enemies, but there is a FF button, and this usually only happens when you take the time to make a route to kill all of the enemies in a section, usually leaving you in the back of the area...

But yes... for the most part, you are constantly engaged, more so in Anomaly Korea since you've got extra units that you need to pay attention to while they charge up shots, and then tap on the screen to fire, blah blah... I'd go with Korea if you're really worried about breaks in action. =oP
Sounds good. Thanks for taking the time to reply!
02-08-2013, 11:09 AM
#6
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 22,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzpha View Post
If TD gameplay strikes me as just a bit too monotonous (as in, the waiting period between setting up towers while the waves just die kills the momentum) do the anomaly games switch the formula up enough to keep the player constantly engaged? It seems like they do, but I'd love to hear the thoughts of some vets before pulling the trigger on a purchase.

Thanks!
The only tower defense games i really liked are PVZ and Sentinel series. The others i loved are Dungeon Defenders and Elements Defender which felt more than just placing towers as you move around killing stuff yourself.

More so, Anomaly titles are waaaay different than these, in a way that it doesnt fel like a tower defense title at all... You are there to actually crush these towers now, so in essence, you wont even be defending.

And these have been staples on my ithings as long as i can remember.

Im sure you'd like it.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
02-08-2013, 11:15 AM
#7
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 5,498
I haven't played any games in the Anomaly series, but essentially, you play as the "creeps" right? Not the towers?

C: :###
If you want to friend me on GC,tell me you're from TA and include your screen name.
GC: DON'TSHOOT!
02-08-2013, 11:22 AM
#8
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 22,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
I haven't played any games in the Anomaly series, but essentially, you play as the "creeps" right? Not the towers?
That's the idea... Actually you are the creeps' controller, coz you throw stuff at your own creeps to strengthen them, heal, avoid certain types of attacks etc. And you also dictate the path they take...

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
02-08-2013, 11:26 AM
#9
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzpha View Post
Sounds good. Thanks for taking the time to reply!
They have a demo for the PC on Steam if you want to try it out to see if it fits your style. I used to love tower defense games back in college..but find it hard to get into them now a days.

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
02-08-2013, 12:44 PM
#10
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 5,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
They have a demo for the PC on Steam if you want to try it out to see if it fits your style. I used to love tower defense games back in college..but find it hard to get into them now a days.
The main reason they bore me is because most of them aren't truly strategy games, though they usually pretend to be (well, that and the preposterous number of td games that have been released). The actual gameplay for most TD games is closer in line with puzzle games.