Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-20-2012, 02:17 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Default Dominion by Donald X. Vaccarino

You'd better get it now, because this doesn't look legit and may get pulled.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:26 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Yup it's not the official app.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/753650/ios-version
Quote:
Donald X.
(donaldx)
This is false. The official digital version is not out.

We try to be nice to our fans, even though some people prey on that. We have been okay with people making programs that are free (meaning there is no possibility to pay any money ever for them) and do not use our art (any of it, including frames and icons).

If this program has any possible way to pay for it or uses our art then please do not support it.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:39 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Yeah, so I wonder what will happen to this. It kinda sounds from his posts that he may not bother trying to get it pulled. Though it does use the official art. pretty low of this developer to do that. But at least he's not asking for any money for it. Still, it's a decent game (though somewhat barebones) and a good tieover until the official one is released.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:21 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Got it ! Sorry no impressions yet as I've yet to play. I'm just bumping this thread so as many people as possible see it .... If you're at all interested you may as well d/l as its free !

Edit : I'll happily pay for the real deal when it's released. I just got this because I try and collect the stuff thats going to get pulled. All power to the devs that are making the real thing and you got my money because of the visibility for your project that this rip-off has provided !

Last edited by bigred447uk; 01-20-2012 at 03:24 PM..
Old 01-20-2012, 03:30 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

I will not download it! The prices for IOS games are very often at low level, so I can afford to buy the game, when it is officially out!
Old 01-20-2012, 03:44 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

UI is clunky and ugly but it still does the job. The tutorial walks you through your first game as far as I can see.

It also has online play with VOICE CHAT!
Old 01-20-2012, 05:24 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromwell View Post
I will not download it! The prices for IOS games are very often at low level, so I can afford to buy the game, when it is officially out!
Your loss. It's a decent version of the game, and I will happily purchase the official version when it comes, but this will help pass the time.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:27 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

For those that have played the original, is this EXACTLY the same (rules, cards, etc.)? In other words, if I figure out how to play this will I be able to jump right into the physical version or the official app when it gets released?
Old 01-20-2012, 05:28 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromwell View Post
Given that the app is free, what is the basis for not downloading? For Dominion clones like Battle of Gundabad, I can understand taking that position because the designers are profiting from an app of questionable legality. But in this case, the designers don't make any money when I hit the "buy" button.

Like other posters here, I am a huge Dominion fan and will purchase the official app within 5 minutes of learning it has been released on the App Store, including all IAP for future expansions. But until the official app is released, I don't see the harm in trying this out as a stopgap in the interim.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:37 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
For those that have played the original, is this EXACTLY the same (rules, cards, etc.)? In other words, if I figure out how to play this will I be able to jump right into the physical version or the official app when it gets released?
Yep. Absolutely.

Also, this game is playable on the iPhone, but the layout is much better on the iPad, with the extra real estate.