★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: In the realm of Ivren, the gods help the peoples of the land with sacred Masks. A band of chosen, masked warriors now embarks on a harrowing quest to rid Ivren of a mysterious evil rising in the east.

Explore the world of Ivren and uncover recipes to create divine masks imbued with powerful skills in this strategic RPG. Fuse these masks to further augment your abilities, and turn the tides of every battle to our heroes favor!

Features
-Epic turn based battles that use an intuitive drag and drop interface
-Cell-shaded art style new and unique in mobile RPG gaming
-Deep skill system that is easy to pick up, yet challenging to master
-A colorful cast and a high fantasy world with a deep, layered mythology

Masters of the Masks requires a working internet connection to play.

PLEASE NOTE: Masters of the Masks is completely free to download and play. However, there are some game items that can also be purchased for real money. If you dont want to use this feature, please disable in-app purchases in your devices settings.

Under our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, you must be at least 13 years of age to play or download Masters of the Masks.

* If any problems occur, please contact us via the help button within the game menu, or through this support center link: http://support.na.square-enix.com/

SwipeNova's comments:

Masters of the Masks

SQUARE ENIX INC
Genres: Games Role Playing
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free




Quote:
In the realm of Ivren, the gods help the peoples of the land with sacred Masks. A band of chosen, masked warriors now embarks on a harrowing quest to rid Ivren of a mysterious evil rising in the east.


Explore the world of Ivren and uncover recipes to create divine masks imbued with powerful skills in this strategic RPG. Fuse these masks to further augment your abilities, and turn the tides of every battle to our heroes favor!


Features
- Epic turn based battles that use an intuitive drag and drop interface
- Cell-shaded art style new and unique in mobile RPG gaming
- Deep skill system that is easy to pick up, yet challenging to master
- A colorful cast and a high fantasy world with a deep, layered mythology


Masters of the Masks requires a working internet connection to play.


PLEASE NOTE: Masters of the Masks is completely free to download and play. However, there are some game items that can also be purchased for real money. If you dont want to use this feature, please disable in-app purchases in your devices settings.


Under our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, you must be at least 13 years of age to play or download Masters of the Masks.


* If any problems occur, please contact us via the help button within the game menu, or through this support center link: http://support.na.square-enix.com/




















Supported Devices:

  • iPodTouchFourthGen
  • iPadMini
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPhone5
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPhone4
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPodTouchThirdGen
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPhone5s
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPad3G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPadWifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S


Minimum iOS Version: iOS 5.0


Download Size: 92.4MB


04-16-2015, 10:48 AM
#2
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,446
It's square Enix, surely something polish and cool.

04-16-2015, 10:50 AM
#3
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 19,876
Yup. Going to check it out asap.
04-16-2015, 11:45 AM
#4
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 193
It sure looks decent
04-16-2015, 11:55 AM
#5
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 19,876
Tis ok... Plays almost like Record Keeper, except you drag from your character to the enemy you are targetting to attack them. Actions you perform increases a common gauge for all characters, which you use to cast skills. I dont like this part coz it means if you have a short gauge, only 1 character can use a skill, while the others attack to increase the gauge again. This means, most of your skills cast will be heal. LOL.

The visuals sure is nice, the combat is more "player-involved" (but not much), and the craft system for masks and equips are a decent system albeit not so original, but IMO Record Keeper blows this out of the water, especially with its well-loved characters and the game's overall charm.

I'd also pick Road to Dragons over this if i wanted to play more timer-soaked game. Road to Dragons' timers arent as aggressive because each mission actually takes time to complete, especially if you are micro-managing for optimal paths.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-16-2015, 04:50 PM
#6
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
The visuals sure is nice, the combat is more "player-involved" (but not much), and the craft system for masks and equips are a decent system albeit not so original, but IMO Record Keeper blows this out of the water, especially with its well-loved characters and the game's overall charm.
If you prefer turn-based over active and have no Final Fantasy nostalgia, would Record Keeper still be a better game from what you've seen?

Simpsons Tapped Out: supersmashandy
04-16-2015, 08:00 PM
#7
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 19,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by andysmash View Post
If you prefer turn-based over active and have no Final Fantasy nostalgia, would Record Keeper still be a better game from what you've seen?
Maybe. I did admit that FFRK is better mostly because of the characters and the nostalgia. Past that, they are a bit similar, with one having a more modern makeover.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-16-2015, 08:13 PM
#8
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Maybe. I did admit that FFRK is better mostly because of the characters and the nostalgia. Past that, they are a bit similar, with one having a more modern makeover.
FFRK is so boring because I get to win by leaving on "AuTo" for all the hard daily event and limited floors event except the last few bosses. And the elite lvl are overpowered even with my near lvl 45s team.
04-16-2015, 09:04 PM
#9
I'm digging this game. The battle music reminds me of Final Fantasy. It's pretty cool, if really tiny on phones
04-16-2015, 11:02 PM
#10
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenken11 View Post
It's square Enix, surely something polish and cool.
Surely it's more likely to be Japanese..

(I'll get my coat...)