App description: A new turn-based Role Playing Game in the classic style of the legendary Computer Role Playing Games that defined the genre.

Created by Eric Kinkead

In QuestLord you assume the role of a lone hero out to save the Shattered Realm from certain destruction!

FEATURES

Dungeon crawling action!
Screen swiping combat!
More than just DUNGEON CRAWLING action!
Explore vast worlds and over 160 maps!
Not just trapped in a dungeon, explore wilderness and cities!
Level up by crushing your foes and finishing Quests!
Nonlinear gameplay!
Perma-Save game system with 3 game slots!
3 races to choose from Human, Dwarf, Elf!
Over one hundred NPCs to interact with!
Each race has their own starter location, making gameplay feel fresh and unique!
18 different quests!
Secrets to uncover!
Detailed pixel style art!
Over the top animations for your defeated foes!
Quickgame - a Perma-Death Rogue-Like to jump into uniquely random generated dungeons immediately!
Game Center Achievements and Leaderboards!!!
Auto-Mapping and large detailed world map!
A wizard named Throzdin!!!!

LavaLevel's comments:
And my game QuestLord is now available in the app store!

02-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Ok well I beat the necromancer and there was talk of doing a spell. Guess I was suppose to travel all the way back to the knight? Playing as human
Idk, I never actually never got that spell... Maybe it was more for elf characters? It doesn't take very long to get from Alestane to the starting village
02-08-2013, 07:22 PM
Nvm...

02-08-2013, 07:26 PM
I love the idea here, has anyone found a video?
02-08-2013, 07:31 PM
The game is called QuestLord, but there are only 18 quests? Are they super long quests? Don't get me wrong, game looks interesting, but with only 18 quests is all the rest just hack n' slash? Or grinding??
02-08-2013, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
I love the idea here, has anyone found a video?

Youtube link | Pop Up

Looks cool

Currently playing: Terraria, Warhammer Quest, Junk Jack X, Starbase Orion, XCom
GameCenter ID: DHGamer

Last edited by dhgamer; 02-08-2013 at 07:42 PM.
02-08-2013, 07:37 PM
Couple of quick things after only a short while playing: really miss having strafe buttons. Keep hitting "inventory" because that's where I expect "turn left" to be.

Text needs a good going over for spelling/grammar errors.

Otherwise looks promising so far.
02-08-2013, 07:55 PM
Is the icon retina? I don't really care if it is or it isn't, it just looks VERY washed out and ugly on the screen. Dev you don't have to retina it if it is too much work but PLEASE make it look presentable! I don't want to show this color off at ALL!

Actual game impressions coming soon
02-08-2013, 07:57 PM
I haven't bought it yet...

Because I don't have money, and I have never played this type of game, but I have seen the elder scrolls, and it reminds me of the elder scrolls soooo much.
02-08-2013, 08:08 PM
To get people to talk to you you tap and hold them? Are there explanations of the controls that I missed? I noticed a couple typos too. I thought there was a beta of this?
02-08-2013, 08:15 PM
Having completed first quest: gameplay is simple but highly enjoyable. Sound effects are a definite highlight. Interface is thoughtfully designed and works well. No idea how "big" the game is, but really don't care. Very enjoyable experience overall so far.