Support our Sponsors:
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-01-2013, 01:04 PM
totaled4life totaled4life is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 4
Default Good stories in iOS games

Hello all,

I am nearing the end if Bioshock Infinite and I am head over heels about the story. But since ai spent a large amount of my time (about 10-14 hours a week) commuting I play alot of mobile games. So I was hoping to combine the two and find some mobile games with deep interesting stories.

I am open to pretty much any genre of game. I am not a huge fan of adventure games, but if the story is exceptionally interesting or meaningful I would definitely consider it.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-01-2013, 01:14 PM
Exact-Psience Exact-Psience is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 16,991
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by totaled4life View Post
Hello all,

I am nearing the end if Bioshock Infinite and I am head over heels about the story. But since ai spent a large amount of my time (about 10-14 hours a week) commuting I play alot of mobile games. So I was hoping to combine the two and find some mobile games with deep interesting stories.

I am open to pretty much any genre of game. I am not a huge fan of adventure games, but if the story is exceptionally interesting or meaningful I would definitely consider it.

Thanks!
My picks for great iOS game stories:

The Walking Dead
Star Wars KOTOR
Spiral Ep1
Chaos Rings 1, 2 and Omega
Ark of Sinners
Stargate Unleashed SG-1
Infinity Blade 1, 2 and the book to bridge their stories.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-01-2013, 01:24 PM
Sheinfell Sheinfell is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Europe, CET timezone
Posts: 943
Default

Seconding Spiral and the Chaos Rings series.
Infinity Blade1&2 aren't too bad either. The book is the best of the 3, IMO.
If you like reading, go for the Tinman gamebooks. And Sorcery!, gamebook gone modern if you will.

The RPGs from Spiderweb: Avadon, and the Avernums. Baldur's Gate, which unfortunately isn't available currently.

Strategy: Ravenmark: Scourge of Estellion. King of Dragon Pass (bring lots of time). Elder Sign:Omens. The Kingturn games by Mangobile. Imperium Galactica 2.

Action-Adventure: Lili

Action: Epoch.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-01-2013, 01:31 PM
undeadcow undeadcow is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,178
Default

I don't think you'll find much that really compares to Bioshock but consider...

Gemini Rue
Fall of Angels
Chrono Trigger

I haven't played many of them on iOS but the Telltale Games seem like a good bet (Sam/Max, Walking Dead, Back to the Future, Monkey Island). Monkey Island along with Sam & Max were amazing on PC years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheinfell View Post
Strategy: Ravenmark: Scourge of Estellion. King of Dragon Pass (bring lots of time)... The Kingturn games by Mangobile...
I second these.

Last edited by undeadcow; 07-01-2013 at 01:38 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-01-2013, 01:47 PM
coderkid coderkid is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 475
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
I don't think you'll find much that really compares to Bioshock but consider...

Gemini Rue
Fall of Angels
Chrono Trigger

I haven't played many of them on iOS but the Telltale Games seem like a good bet (Sam/Max, Walking Dead, Back to the Future, Monkey Island). Monkey Island along with Sam & Max were amazing on PC years ago.

I second these.
Yes, yes, yes a thousand time yes on Walking Dead and Gemini Rue (mind blowing plot twists in that one). Home is another.

The Angry Birds series also have really great stories.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Primoz Primoz is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,790
Default

Don't listen to these people... The only story you'll ever need to know is the epic story of the alpaca, his mutations and his endeavors.

Two words: ALPACA EVOLUTION.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-01-2013, 03:53 PM
Pocketnova Pocketnova is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,095
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primoz View Post
Don't listen to these people... The only story you'll ever need to know is the epic story of the alpaca, his mutations and his endeavors.

Two words: ALPACA EVOLUTION.
I completely agree. One of the best story's in any game I've seen or played before.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-01-2013, 04:31 PM
Alister Alister is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,273
Default

OMG the two people above are EVIL!!LOL!!


Anyway if you want an inception/blow your mind experience,Year Walk is your game...Made a lot of people a bit nuts,hehe..The story will surely stick with you for a lifetime..

Other games worth mentioning:
Crow
Super bros. Sword and sorcery
Bastion
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-01-2013, 04:45 PM
Primoz Primoz is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister View Post
Anyway if you want an inception/blow your mind experience,Year Walk is your game...Made a lot of people a bit nuts,hehe..The story will surely stick with you for a lifetime..
I forgot what's it about in 3 days.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-01-2013, 04:59 PM
Alister Alister is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primoz View Post
I forgot what's it about in 3 days.
I believe we did not play the same game..hehe
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent