★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: The Blacklist

12-04-2008, 11:05 AM
The Blacklist

Seeing as developers are constantly abusing their powers over the games which people purchase, this thread will be a blacklist for any developer that either...

1) Changes a paid game into a demo
2) Changes a paid game into a ad supported free game

As a developer note; it isn't hard to make another version which is a demo or an ad supported version, so just do that in the future please.

If there are any other offenses that justifiably put a developer on the blacklist then please post it and equally if there any other applications that have done any of the punishable offences or have amended them then post on this thread as well.

Hopefully this will change developer attitudes over their applications.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BLACKLIST

Dev - Troutfly
Game - Kinwits
Offense - Changes a paid app into a demo and submitted another "full" application.**

Dev - TouchSoft Mobile
Game - Urban Tycoon
Offense - Falsely advertises a game on the forums and promised updates on it when it is evident that he has abandoned the game.

Last edited by CrocStock; 12-04-2008 at 12:11 PM.
12-04-2008, 11:14 AM
I've posted this on two other threads yesterday but I'll go ahead and mention it here.

Yesterday Glu removed the ads from Space Monkey due to all the negative feedback they got after I posted this thread:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...t=space+monkey

The original blacklist thread by mek is here:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=1674

12-04-2008, 11:19 AM
Mm, it really needs to be a permanent thread though :P
12-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrocStock View Post
Mm, it really needs to be a permanent thread though :P
I agree.

Put the Devs of Hamster House, Rescue Angels 60 and Urban Tycoon up there.

Hamster House - just released a full version $2 of their previous game $1
Rescue Angels 60 - released a $5 500 level game including the 60 levels from this one which cost $1
Urban Tycoon - Dev promised weekly updates. There hasn't been an update since.

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
12-04-2008, 11:42 AM
I agree, this needs to be sticky.

And also put scoundrels like bootant and other price drop/update abusers on the list.
12-04-2008, 11:54 AM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiller ONE View Post
I agree, this needs to be sticky.

And also put scoundrels like bootant and other price drop/update abusers on the list.
I honestly don't mind how Bootant constantly changes the price. It makes it easy for me to get their games cheap since they are so insecure about the prices I just have to wait a couple days. lol

But it could be considered annoying and abusing price drops XD

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
12-04-2008, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by istopmotion View Post
Hamster House - just released a full version $2 of their previous game $1
The devs didn't do anything wrong

hamster house is the full version game for $1
hamster house unlocked is the full version game with all 6 worlds unlocked for $2

This is exactly what we WANT devs to do. They didn't release on app then start changing things around.

Actually this would be great to use with the new appstore promo codes. You can give out a promo code to the unlocked version so it can be reviewed quickly and in better detail
12-04-2008, 12:09 PM
Save Bootant for an Ethics Backlist, as for Rescue angels 60 I will put them up is there are advertisements for the fuller versions on other paid versions.

EDIT - Thank you for the clarification, this was not clear when reading the descriptions and they will be removed from the blacklist.
12-04-2008, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by istopmotion View Post
I honestly don't mind how Bootant constantly changes the price. It makes it easy for me to get their games cheap since they are so insecure about the prices I just have to wait a couple days. lol

But it could be considered annoying and abusing price drops XD
It's not the price dropping that's "dishonest" with Bootant...it's the constant "updates" (and I use that term litely).
Look at all their apps, and you will see an "update" every 3-4 days, just so they can remain visible and on the front page of the App Store. It's taking advantage of the sytem, and annoying as anything having one of their applications needing to be "updated" every few days. And really, what is involved in the updates. Then, to add insult to injury, Bootant was here on the forums denying he's doing this until it was shown to him from Appshopper the history of his "updates"...then it was sorry to some degree, and the next day, he/she is back at it again.

As a consumer, I have no problem with constant price drops. In fact, that's what I want so bring on the price drops. I've learned not to buy anything in the first day....so drop those prices like it's hot, but stop the foolish updates to keep your app visible and then deny you're doing it. Bootant has proven to be a dishonest developer in that way